No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tatis--Looks like he popped that shoulder again.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      tatis--Looks like he popped that shoulder again.
      Yep, same injury as before.

No information about how long he'll be out yet.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yep, same injury as before.

No information about how long he'll be out yet.
        That shoulder is really starting to get annoying. I assume he's already got that surgery scheduled for November. Hopefully, he doesn't miss more than 10 games.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tatis and Paddack to the IL. Crismatt optioned. Marisnick on the roster, Hudson to follow.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Tatis and Paddack to the IL. Crismatt optioned. Marisnick on the roster, Hudson to follow.
            So what’s the inside scoop? Did XRays show this is much worse this time?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              So what’s the inside scoop? Did XRays show this is much worse this time?
              No not at all, exact same injury--the only difference is that Tatis mentioned it hurts a bit more this time around. Last time he was GTG in about 4 days, hopefully it's similar and he'll be back in 10. I'll keep an ear open for any updates.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

No not at all, exact same injury--the only difference is that Tatis mentioned it hurts a bit more this time around. Last time he was GTG in about 4 days, hopefully it's similar and he'll be back in 10. I'll keep an ear open for any updates.
                Well, now he won’t even be evaluated for 10 days, so something tells me this time it’s different. Sounds like he’s out 3-4 weeks at a minimum.

Comment

• Another night, another validation for robot umps--It almost seems targeted lately. Horrible calls at key moments making differences in games.

So tired of this shit.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Another night, another validation for robot umps--It almost seems targeted lately. Horrible calls at key moments making differences in games.

So tired of this shit.
                    Yes, the umps want to prevent the Padres from adding to their abundant slate of championship trophies.

In other news, Tingler said if Tatis isn't improved in 10 days, season-ending surgery is a possibility.

Comment

Yes, the umps want to prevent the Padres from adding to their abundant slate of championship trophies.

In other news, Tingler said if Tatis isn't improved in 10 days, season-ending surgery is a possibility.
                      There is actually no room in that trophy case

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

There is actually no room in that trophy case
                        Is that because they haven't bought the trophy case yet?

Odds on Tatis returning this season?

Comment

Is that because they haven't bought the trophy case yet?

Odds on Tatis returning this season?
                          Yes and yes

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yes and yes
                            What are his odds? I'm thinking returning is the 5-1 second choice, not returning is the 2-1 favorite.

Comment

I'll bet he wasn't anywhere near Tatis when he said that.
                              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What are his odds? I'm thinking returning is the 5-1 second choice, not returning is the 2-1 favorite.
                                I'd be very surprised if Jr isn't back by mid August, if not sooner. It's just how he's put together.

The Padres don't face a team with a record over .500 until the 18th so if he's going to miss more than 10 days, nows the time to do it.

Reports are that he was feeling better yesterday and his normal jovial self.

He won't travel to Oakland, but none of the players on the dl will either. I actually see him back in 10 days when the Padres travel to Colorado.

In other news, Matt Strahm is joining the team in Oakland after almost a year. Lamet is starting a rehab assignment but will pitch out of the bullpen going forward and no more than two innings at a time. Gore hasn't pitched in a game since early June, is working through whatever this is at the alternate site.
                                Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 08-02-2021, 12:20 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X