No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Padres now have a glut of OFs and Arms it should be an interesting ST....not that the last 2 months have been boring.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
      You're getting too fired up about this, man. I'm not casting aspersions that you or your enthusiasm for your team. I'm just saying that the consensus seems to be going against what you say. If you disagree, that's fine. I agree with the consensus, and that's also fine.

I have often said and will maintain that I know this team better than most including any writers out there with the exception of maybe Brock and Lin.

I also have huge issues with advanced metrics, which most of these articles seem to rely on for validation.

Add to that my dreaded Dodger compatriot delivering pussy news and I will possible react like mentos in Pepsi.......
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Sorry to mess with your WPA+ and Rtot ratings, and whatever else you hold dear to your little sabermetric hearts this week, but the Padres are now the team to reckon with in the National League West.

Betrayal...........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post

I also have huge issues with advanced metrics, which most of these articles seem to rely on for validation.
          sigh.

show some examples of where your advanced padre (or other team) knowledge beats the advanced metrics, and then maybe there will be more credibility in that statement.

i'm not saying advanced metrics always give exactly the right results, but relying on personal "insight" over them is like relying on tea leaves. unless you're a true insider and have knowledge that nobody else does. wait, are you really mike, wrapped in padre camo?
          "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

• "Vegas doesn't predict team wins, they predict where they can set the line in order to optimize their return."

not as much as they used to do. in the last 5+ years, they have dipped a toe into gambling a little. Meaning, if they think a big-betted team like Cowboys Packers Steelers Yankees Lakers are overrated, they dangle a lure at that big-bet crowd. They have done pretty well with this, too.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
              sigh.

show some examples of where your advanced padre (or other team) knowledge beats the advanced metrics, and then maybe there will be more credibility in that statement.

i'm not saying advanced metrics always give exactly the right results, but relying on personal "insight" over them is like relying on tea leaves. unless you're a true insider and have knowledge that nobody else does. wait, are you really mike, wrapped in padre camo?
              Well this is my first year back after a 3 year hiatus. I'd wager, though Jason has forbidden bets that my take on the Padres is closer than any metric projection.

Chat me up next year and bring the sixer you'll owe me.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Well this is my first year back after a 3 year hiatus. I'd wager, though Jason has forbidden bets that my take on the Padres is closer than any metric projection.

Chat me up next year and bring the sixer you'll owe me.
                will do. what are you projecting for their win total?
                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Well, his claim before the Pads signed Shields was between 87-92 wins ("10 to 15 wins better"). I'd guess it has to be higher now.
                  At least 100 wins...
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• 161 easy

Edit....88 games an 11 game improvement
                    Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 02-11-2015, 05:11 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Shields contract is for 10 Million this year, with 21 a year for the following 3 years.

Does not include a no trade clause.

Padres 2015 payroll sits at 100 million ish right now.

more to come.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• It's looking like the Padres are the favorites to land Hamels now.

Comment

• Interesting.
                          I wonder what they have left to interest Philly, who need to rebuild with this...

Comment

• Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
                            Interesting.
                            I wonder what they have left to interest Philly, who need to rebuild with this...
                            The rumors are Cashner, Hedges and Liriano for Hamels and cash

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Damn, that'd be a ballsy play. Gotta hand it to Preller.! The guy definitely is going for it.
                              I have heard it said that some in the other front offices think he's nuts

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

I have heard it said that some in the other front offices think he's nuts
                                If so, I sure wish the Mets would hire someone who is nuts!

Comment

Working...
                                X