No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Cronenworth hit for the cycle tonite, going 4-5 w 4RBI and 1R. Underrated little player. Do you realize that entering tonite he had 3.5 bWAR for the year, which would project to be about 6.3 WAR for a full year?

He was a 2-way player in college (U of Mich.). I saw a game where he played the first 8 innings at 1B, then went to the mound and closed out the game for a save. In light of Ohtani's success, is there any talk in SD about having him pitch occasionally?

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Jake Cronenworth hit for the cycle tonite, going 4-5 w 4RBI and 1R. Underrated little player. Do you realize that entering tonite he had 3.5 bWAR for the year, which would project to be about 6.3 WAR for a full year?

He was a 2-way player in college (U of Mich.). I saw a game where he played the first 8 innings at 1B, then went to the mound and closed out the game for a save. In light of Ohtani's success, is there any talk in SD about having him pitch occasionally?
      Nope.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• BTW, in tonite's game, Tommy Pham also had a chance to hit for the cycle. Needed a triple, but he flied out in his last AB. There have never been 2 cycles in the same MLB game. It's been done twice in the minors.

Comment

• Could somebody tell me where the Padres score is? All I see is an old Chargers-Redskins score.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Could somebody tell me where the Padres score is? All I see is an old Chargers-Redskins score.
            They might have done better if the Redskins had pitched.

Comment

• Tonite's run total apparently sets a club record for most runs in a single game (24). Old record appears to have been 20, done twice, the last time in 2001.

Comment

• The Padres-Nats game was suspended because of a shooting outside the ballpark.
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Umps........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    Umps........
                    Probably still dizzy after seeing so many Padres run around the bases against the Nats.

Comment

• Nola back last Thursday, Weathers back today--what looked to be an ACL/Achilles was an ankle fracture, still he back much sooner than I thought he'd be. 4 Scoreless IPs to day--2 hits 3BB 4Ks. Also Lamet is supposedly throwing to hitters so at least he's not out of the picture yet. Strahm started an rehab assignment so should be re-joining the BP soon.

Preller is unusually quiet as they approach the deadline.

I can't imagine they won't add at least 3-4 players.

Who they'll be is anyone's guess.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I guess the Umps feel the need to help the Marlins, after missing a call to K Tatis on one way outside, he seemingly on purpose calls 3 straight balls outside and off the plate strikes to K Myers.

Robot Umps ASAP

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Doug Eddings is a Petulant fuck--he shouldn't be an umpire--Watch the Tatis call in the 6th, then the Myers AB in the 6t and then the 7th--Unless they bounced the damn pitch, he called it a strike.

If you can't put aside your personal shit and do your job, you shouldn't have it.

After watching the strikes he called balls on Hill, the Padres should protest this game. It's obvious he's being punitive because they've dared to question his calls.

And now Pham. Fuck this guy.
                          Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 07-24-2021, 07:40 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Joe West called and asked how you could dare call anyone more petulant than him.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                              Joe West called and asked how you could dare call anyone more petulant than him.
                              Dude, I'm so ready for these guys to become dancing electronic puppets.

Pham tossed and then Schumacher after another shit call.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                                Dude, I'm so ready for these guys to become dancing electronic puppets.
                                LOL...Yeah, I'm pretty much with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X