No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top prospect CJ Abrams broke his leg and sprained his MCL. Out for the season.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• After last night's ass whopping, you should prepare for a few significant changes to the Padres between the all star break and the deadline.

If I had to guess they're adding at least one SP, RP and big bat. Paddack, Weathers, Mateo are the prime candidates who get moved, though any deal is absolutely going to be bigger than these players.

As usual, Preller is in on everyone who might be available and several who might not.

The most chatter I'm hearing is about Gallo and Gibson. But there's talk of Jose Berrios, Luis Castillo, Taylor Rogers, Winker , Haniger, Castellanos, Bryant among others.

What seems clear is that Hosmer and possibly Myers will be platooning with the new acquisition. And Paddack is more than likely gone by the deadline.

Fun times.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Crazy game in SD, after the Nats chase Yu from the game scoring 6 runs off him, the Padres run Max (who was up 8-0) after score 7 off him in 3 2/3 with the recently called up RP Camarena takes him deep for a Grand Slam. Tatis, who led off the inning with a HR, drops single to drive in Pham (should have been caught), steals a base (28-20 before the break) and just like that, the Padres are back in it 8-7.

I love this Game.
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
          Crazy game in SD, after the Nats chase Yu from the game scoring 6 runs off him, the Padres run Max (who was up 8-0) after score 7 off him in 3 2/3 with the recently called up RP Camarena takes him deep for a Grand Slam. Tatis, who led off the inning with a HR, drops single to drive in Pham (should have been caught), steals a base (28-20 before the break) and just like that, the Padres are back in it 8-7.

I love this Game.
          Now tied at 8.

Comment

• Walked it off 9-8

Down 8-0 with Scherzer on the mound.

Signature win.

Congrats guys!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Walked it off 9-8

Down 8-0 with Scherzer on the mound.

Signature win.

Congrats guys!
              Great win for the Pads! Devastating loss for the Nats.

Camarena's HR was in his 2nd MLB AB. I tried looking up whether a pitcher has ever hit a HR in their 1st MLB AB. Hoyt Wilhelm did it in 1952 but I couldnt determine whether anyone else had done it.

Comment

• Paddack has been brutal and totally unreliable. I agree he’s a goner.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Great win for the Pads! Devastating loss for the Nats.

Camarena's HR was in his 2nd MLB AB. I tried looking up whether a pitcher has ever hit a HR in their 1st MLB AB. Hoyt Wilhelm did it in 1952 but I couldnt determine whether anyone else had done it.
                  Apparently he's the first pitcher to hit a grand slam as his first ml hit since the only other guy back in the 1800s

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Paddack has been brutal and totally unreliable. I agree he’s a goner.
                    Your PM inbox is brutal and needs to have messages that are goners.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      So you're saying there's a chance?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

So you're saying there's a chance?
                        Cleaned my inbox out.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Ha, I had no idea it was full. No alerts. Who runs this place?!?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Ha, I had no idea it was full. No alerts. Who runs this place?!?
                            Paddack apparently, he sucks.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Both Snell and Pomeranz to the IL. Snell should be fine and back asap after the AS break, Drew has inflammation in his forearm--no idea on his return. Darvish won't be pitching in the AS Game as hi back and hip have been an issue for about 4-5 starts now. They DFAd Northcraft and a guy I've never heard of is starting tonight Reiss Knehr. Miguel Diaz back up to replace Drew.

I don't know about you, but it seems like it's about to be Preller's moment to win the Off-season/Deadline again.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Weathers out, looks like he tore/sprained an MCL (from my experience).

This Season has been brutal for injuries.

Edit: Though it looked like the knee hyper-extended and he was grabbing the right side of his knee--it is apparently an Achilles issue. Even worse.
                                Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 07-11-2021, 10:33 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                                X