No announcement yet.

2K24: San Diego Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Tatis Jr will be fine. Darvish gave up 7 SBs last night, but fear not--he was working on his pitch sequences, specifically off speed stuff and wasn't concerned with the SBs. they had to come out and tell him to throw over at least once, which he did with all the sincerity of a kid being told to do something they don't want to do. Darvish to start Opening Day. Morejon to start as the #5, while they bring Lamet along, who looked pretty good in his 1 IP. he hit 98 easy and threw a couple of sliders. Grisham still isn't back from the Hammy, but they say (they say) he'll be GTG for opening day. Pham got new contact lenses and after an adjustment period, he's raking. Myers seems to be rejuvenated with Tingler as manager (he's even mentioned so) I know places are anointing Pegan as first closer, but I see it going to Melancon, simply because he's RHP and performed better than Pegan in ST. I could be wrong, but that's my hunch. Opening day a week away!
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Pagan closing the gap. Looked sharp and has better swing and miss stuff. I like Melancon, but I could be wrong. Probably am.
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Altavilla to start the season on the IL. Along with Grisham and Nola.

Weathers has made the opening day roster.

Looks like Gore will start at the alternate site along with Lamet, who pitches today.

Profar, Pham and Mateo to play CF until Grisham returns
        Last edited by GwynnInTheHall; 03-29-2021, 05:40 PM.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Update: Pierce Johnson and Austin Adams to also open on the IL.

The opening on the bench is down to O'Grady and Marcano.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Update: Pierce Johnson and Austin Adams to also open on the IL.

The opening on the bench is down to O'Grady and Marcano.
            Great stuff. It's like having our own beat writer!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Great stuff. It's like having our own beat writer!
              He smokes way better cigars than any beat writer I've ever met.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                He smokes way better cigars than any beat writer I've ever met.

I just shop better.

BTW though the BP on certain sites looks different, this is what I see.:

Pomeranz
                Pagan
                Kela
                Stammen
                Melancon
                Weathers
                Hill

Last spot, either T Williams or N Crismatt

Crismatt has pitched much better but Williams is out of options. So.....Unless they go 14 pitchers then poss both. Baez should start at the alternate site barring another injury.

Also keep an eye on former Padre pitcher D Bednar who could sneak into the Pirates closer job, he's been lights out so far and was always considered an arm with big upside in the Padre BP.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• And the winners are......Marcano and Crismatt

Gotta love spring..........

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                    I just shop better.

BTW though the BP on certain sites looks different, this is what I see.:

Pomeranz
                    Pagan
                    Kela
                    Stammen
                    Melancon
                    Weathers
                    Hill

Last spot, either T Williams or N Crismatt

Crismatt has pitched much better but Williams is out of options. So.....Unless they go 14 pitchers then poss both. Baez should start at the alternate site barring another injury.

Also keep an eye on former Padre pitcher D Bednar who could sneak into the Pirates closer job, he's been lights out so far and was always considered an arm with big upside in the Padre BP.
                    We are in our reserve draft now. If Bednar makes past the next 16 picks He will be mine. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• Padres roster set. careful on Crismett, Marcano and Campusano--they SHOULD be the first guys optioned when Grisham, Nola and random hurt RP return, though you never know if they're going strong.

BTW Bednar's ST Line---- in 8.2 IP he's allowed 3 hits, 1 walk and NO ERs--Oh and he's struck out 18. Happy Hunting.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                        We are in our reserve draft now. If Bednar makes past the next 16 picks He will be mine. Thanks for the tip.
                        Down to 6 picks until I can grab Bednar.

Comment

Down to 6 picks until I can grab Bednar.
                          Oops... we just had one of our guys pick someone already rostered, back up to 7.

Comment

Oops... we just had one of our guys pick someone already rostered, back up to 7.
                            And Bednar gets picked 4 spots before me...ahhhh...rats.

Guess I will grab Zach McKinstry 2B LA Dodgers if he makes it to me.

Comment

And Bednar gets picked 4 spots before me...ahhhh...rats.

Guess I will grab Zach McKinstry 2B LA Dodgers if he makes it to me.
                              Shouldn't non-padre discussions be in a separate thread?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                                Shouldn't non-padre discussions be in a separate thread?
                                One would think that would be the case right?!

Comment

Working...
                                X