Which OF to Keep?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which OF to Keep?

Position specific points league, points are cumulative for the week, not cats, salaries not a real issue, but can keep players forever.

Who to keep? Need 2 of these 3...thanks!

Jorge Soler
    Jay Bruce
    Gregory Poloco
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

I'd keep Soler and Polanco on upside alone. Bruce is good but has several years on those guys which means he's closer to the downside of his career while these two guys are entering their prime.

Comment

Plus Bruce is rumored to be coming to San Diego which won't be great for his already declining power numbers. There's a decent article on Bruce and his decline on fangraphs.

Hindsight is 20/20, so the old saying goes, but in retrospect, it shouldn’t be that surprising that Jay Bruce had a season like he just did. Looking at his 2011-2013 seasons, he was already regressing…
      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Yea, Bruce is the easy call to drop IMO.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I'd keep Soler and Polanco on upside alone. Bruce is good but has several years on those guys which means he's closer to the downside of his career while these two guys are entering their prime.
          This.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Since you can keep players forever, i also have to go with Polanco and Soler.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I think it probable Bruce outperforms one of the others this next year. But given upside and longevity plus trade value, I still let Bruce go. Either by trade or dropping him.

Comment

Agree with the consensus here. Soler and Polanco.

Comment

Thanks fellas...so Bruce goes. The league has a stupid rule that you have to get down to your 10 keepers before you can trade, so I have to cut Bruce and get nothing for him...supposed to encourage more competition among the teams.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                    The league has a stupid rule that you have to get down to your 10 keepers before you can trade, so I have to cut Bruce and get nothing for him...supposed to encourage more competition among the teams.
                    That rule sucks. You want more competitive teams..get more active owners imo.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                      That rule sucks. You want more competitive teams..get more active owners imo.
                      I agree, but changing a rule in that league is like turning the Titanic away from the iceberg. It ain't happening.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                      X