Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melky Cabrera to the White Sox 3 yr deal

^^^^^

There was a time this would not have been worth a line, much less a thread.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

I suppose this definitely spells the end of Dayan Viciedo in a White Sox uni. I guess the deal with the M's is close.

Comment

Pretty cool for the southsiders though. Cubs kept stealing the spotlight with the Lester signing etc. Sox take it back. At least that's how it seems to be playing here.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
          There was a time this would not have been worth a line, much less a thread.

J
          There was a time when being the first with this type of information was the difference maker in winning a league championship.

This type of information is always worth a line.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            There was a time when being the first with this type of information was the difference maker in winning a league championship.

This type of information is always worth a line.
            Not if the player is not worth picking up. For a long time, Melky wasn't.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Not if the player is not worth picking up. For a long time, Melky wasn't.

J
              If you are in a 12 AL team only 5x5 that auctions and drafts 480 players he was always "worth" picking up. And certainly worth talking about. He went for $12 bucks in our auction last year.

Talking about such players is exactly what I want from this portion of RJ. I know Trout and Longoria have extreme value, I don't need a web site to tell me that. Let's talk about Jordy Mercer, or Ed Lucas if you want to help. Or if Melky is coming back from a bad 2013 season.

Comment

Melky cost me $17 in our AL only 5x5 and was well worth it. I figure he's a fine keeper at that price for 2015 playing for the White Sox in that park.

Comment

Working...
                X