Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latos to the Marlins

Per Jon Heyman / Rotoworld:

Mat Latos has been traded to the Marlins, reports Jon Heyman of CBS Sports.
    Anthony DeSclafani, a right-handed starter, and Chad Wallach, a 23-year-old catching prospect, will be heading to Cincinnati in return. The Reds have also dealt Alfredo Simon to the Tigers, so it appears the rebuild is underway. Latos, 27, had a terrific 3.31 ERA in 522 1/3 innings with the Reds, making half his starts at the hitter-friendly Great American Ball Park. He should flourish in Miami if his health cooperates.

Seems like a great spot for Latos if he can stay healthy.

Wow I love this deal...starting to feel like a few years ago in Marlins land - now dont do anything stupid like getting a closer (ie. Heath Bell).

Comment

The Reds appear to be drinking from a fire hose of stupid.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I don't get this at all. To me, Latos is better than any of the other guys traded recently....and the Reds didn't get a prospect of Heaney-quality back for him.

Comment

So, once a decade, the Marlins are going to empty the coffers and go balls out to win a series...and then set the oil fields ablaze right after?

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
            So, once a decade, the Marlins are going to empty the coffers and go balls out to win a series...and then set the oil fields ablaze right after?
            The fans hate it, but it has worked for them. I bet if you told fans for a lot of teams they'd get a couple of WS rings scattered in the last couple of decades of suckitude, they'd take it.

This is a great deal for the Marlins. Their team is starting to look legit.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              The fans hate it, but it has worked for them. I bet if you told fans for a lot of teams they'd get a couple of WS rings scattered in the last couple of decades of suckitude, they'd take it.

This is a great deal for the Marlins. Their team is starting to look legit.
              I'd take it!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                The Reds appear to be drinking from a fire hose of stupid.
                This made me laugh out loud.

And I agree. I don't get this one at all.

Comment

I bet just about everyone who looked at this deal said to themselves, "Shit, my team could have beaten that offer."
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    I bet just about everyone who looked at this deal said to themselves, "Shit, my team could have beaten that offer."
                    Yep, can you imagine if we tried to make this deal in fantasy baseball? Veto!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                      This made me laugh out loud.

And I agree. I don't get this one at all.
                      Thank you, and I suppose we can both be happy - if a division rival wants to commit seppuku...well, I guess that's just fine.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                      X