Kemp to the Padres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kemp to the Padres

Along with Federowicz for Grandal, Wieland and Eflin . The Padres also get 30 million.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

As a Padres fan, I'm excited that they are making a big move.

As a Padres fan, I fully expect Grandal to win MVP next year and Matt Kemp to hit at his post-Rhianna injury plagued levels.

Comment

How can any Padre fan NOT be excited by this? We are getting a prven stud (sure, he's had his failings the past 2 seasons, but he had a good second half and should be back to 100% health). The Dogs ate $30million and we have the payroll space to take on the rest. Grandal has potential with the stick but he is a horrible defenseive catcher, has a history of injuries, not a good clubhouse guy and is one failed PED test away from a yearlong ban.

Ross will be a lifelong tweener and Elfin is about 3 years away from cracking the roster. He's actually probably relieved to get out of the Padre system before his arm fell off like the rest of our putching prospects.

AND, there's still talk of moving a pitcher (Kennedy) for a bat like Upton.

At the very least, the club is doing more than just making promises this year. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work, at least they're doing something different than slashing payroll, pleading poverty and then saying no one will take our money.

This kind of reminds me of the Greg Vaughn deal in '96 which led to the World Series run in 98

Comment

Wieland, not Ross
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Great trade for the Pads. Head scratcher for the Dodgers. Kemp looked fantastic late last year.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
            Wieland, not Ross
            Ah, same diff (And I meant, JOE Ross not Tyson). If it were Tyson, my feelings would be a bit different.

Comment

Listening to XM on the ride home, and the hosts (Casey Stern, Jim Bowden, and Jim Douquette) were unanimous in their contentions that Kemp NEEDED to be moved out of LA. Supposedly, he was a bad guy in the clubhouse, and the Dodgers will be better off without him, despite missing his bat. Gonna be interesting to see what Puig does this season, really interesting.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                Listening to XM on the ride home, and the hosts (Casey Stern, Jim Bowden, and Jim Douquette) were unanimous in their contentions that Kemp NEEDED to be moved out of LA. Supposedly, he was a bad guy in the clubhouse, and the Dodgers will be better off without him, despite missing his bat. Gonna be interesting to see what Puig does this season, really interesting.
                Well, if Jim Bowden said that, I'm pretty convinced the Dodgers really screwed up, then.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Now the Pads are rumored to be going after Upton! Wow. Fans have to be excited.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    Now the Pads are rumored to be going after Upton! Wow. Fans have to be excited.
                    Yeah, the rumor is there but I don't see it. He'd be a one year rental. Unless it was for Kennedy and a spare part (Maybin? Venable)) I wouldn't want them to part with someone like Liriano or a pitching prospect like Wisler.

Talk is about upgrading at one of the corners. Two names mentioned are Chris Davis and Pedro Alvarez.

They do need to get something to put behind Kemp or we're going to see lots of slow trots down to first base from him

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                      Yeah, the rumor is there but I don't see it. He'd be a one year rental. Unless it was for Kennedy and a spare part (Maybin? Venable)) I wouldn't want them to part with someone like Liriano or a pitching prospect like Wisler.

Talk is about upgrading at one of the corners. Two names mentioned are Chris Davis and Pedro Alvarez.

They do need to get something to put behind Kemp or we're going to see lots of slow trots down to first base from him
                      I hope you are right. I want to still hope that Upton comes to the Cubs for 2015.

Comment

Working...
                      X