Heaney to the Angels - Kendrick to the Dodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heaney to the Angels - Kendrick to the Dodgers

Being reported on twitter that the Dodgers have flipped Heaney already to the Angels for Kendrick. Rollins/Kendrick up the middle for the Dodgers next year.

Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS 2m2 minutes ago
    deal is andrew heaney to the angels for howie kendrick. so dodgers quickly replace dee. 1st @kengurnick and @Ken_Rosenthal

Comment

And as quickly as it opens, the door slams shut on Guerrero.
      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
        And as quickly as it opens, the door slams shut on Guerrero.
        "Hi mom? I'm gonna be the starting second baseman for the Dodgers! They made a big trade and now I'm the starter! I'm the.....wait, another call is coming in. Hold on..................oh, hey mom, nevermind. Forget everything I just said."

Comment

good one from Heaney on Twitter

Andrew Heaney ‏@Heandog8 10h10 hours ago

Well, @Dodgers we had a good run! Great to be a part of such a storied franchise. #thanksforthememories
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            good one from Heaney on Twitter

Andrew Heaney ‏@Heandog8 10h10 hours ago

Well, @Dodgers we had a good run! Great to be a part of such a storied franchise. #thanksforthememories
            LOL

I'm a Kendrick fan so I wouldn't be too sour on this deal if I'm a Dogger fan

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
              LOL

I'm a Kendrick fan so I wouldn't be too sour on this deal if I'm a Dogger fan
              For the Dodgers, it's a "play for this year" move if ever there was one. IIRC Kendrick is a free agent after this year, while Heaney would be the team's property for something like five years.

For the Angels, not only do they get Heaney for a long period, but even if they decide he's still not ready for prime time, he's at least a significant prospect, something they've lacked for a while.

Personally, as a Heaney owner in an NL-Only, I'm irked. That's just how it goes with minor league guys.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

Working...
              X