Dee Gordon Traded to the Marlins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dee Gordon Traded to the Marlins

wowza. Not sure of the return, but Heyman speculates it's Andrew Heaney. Also some speculation that Dan Haren is included in the deal. This one day after 1) Zaidi said he was not going to trade Gordon; and 2) Haren said he would retire if traded away from LA.

Smart deal for the Dodgers by shedding Haren's contract and selling high on the overrated Gordon. I think Heaney will be a fun addition to Dodger Stadium, too.

Comment

I guess this also opens up room for Alex Guerrero to start at 2B?

Comment

Well, there's your opening for Alex Guerrero...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          i guess this also opens up room for alex guerrero to start at 2b?
          jinx!
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Official deal is Gordon & Haren for Andrew Heaney, Kike Hernandez, Chris Hatcher and Austin Barnes.

Comment

they say it's gordon and haren for Andrew Heaney, Kike Hernandez, Chris Hatcher and Austin Barnes.

I would guess that Hechevarria stays at SS and gordon leads off and plays 2B for Miami. Heaney did not look good last year but I guess he was expendable from the Marlins standpoint.

I am still thinking the Dodgers won out on this deal...but it will be nice to have some speed at the top of the order in Miami. In that ballpark the best way to win is by creating runs. Gordon and Yelich in front of Stanton sounds decent to me.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                Wow, pretty crazy trade! I'm stoked that Dee Gordon's stock rose so much in just one year to warrant a top 30 prospect. Also glad to have the flexibility of not having Haren, honestly.
                Nice deal for you, but I can see it for the Marlins too. Haren in Florida should have best chance for success and Gordon could continue to excel tbere
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

A note from a Fangraphs comment:

"Per MLBTR: “Whether or not Haren retires, the Dodgers will still pay his $10MM salary as part of the trade, Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports (Twitter links). L.A. will also cover the projected $2.5MM that Gordon will earn in arbitration. The Marlins plan to use the money from the Dodgers on a first baseman or a starting pitcher.”"

So if the Marlins are just trading all those guys for Gordon and $12.5M... well, it's a very Marlins move.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I just read the Dodgers are picking up Gordons salary too

Comment

and the Dodgers turned around and traded Heaney for Howie Kendrick....missed that part.

Comment

Working...
                      X