Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Cubs make any more big moves this off season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Cubs make any more big moves this off season?

It is a great day for baseball in Chicago. The radio is burning up with happy White Sox and Cubs fans.

So what is next for the Cubs? Rumors of Gomes and Ross, but eh? Will they trade for another very good starting pitcher? Sign a big name free agent? Or trade for that big outfield bat?

I am still hoping for a Kemp or Upton (he would need to take the Cubs off his no trade list) deal.

I wonder if they think Almora is an answer at OF by 2015, so why spend on an outfielder?

On other hand, they seem to be opening the wallet, don't they?

Comment

I think if they want to contend, they need another top echelon starter. Of course, their rotation is already stuffed, so they'll need to make a creative move or two to weed out the unnecessary arms. They may as well sign another ace -- their bats are all going to be low contracts for years.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I think if they want to contend, they need another top echelon starter. Of course, their rotation is already stuffed, so they'll need to make a creative move or two to weed out the unnecessary arms. They may as well sign another ace -- their bats are all going to be low contracts for years.
        Agree with this. And to me, their rotation runs 4-deep even with Lester (I don't count Hendricks or Edwin Jackson).

Comment

I think that they wait on the pitcher, next year is going to be a banner one for free agent pitchers, so might as well wait since they're unlikely to contend in 2015.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            It is a great day for baseball in Chicago. The radio is burning up with happy White Sox and Cubs fans.

So what is next for the Cubs? Rumors of Gomes and Ross, but eh? Will they trade for another very good starting pitcher? Sign a big name free agent? Or trade for that big outfield bat?

I am still hoping for a Kemp or Upton (he would need to take the Cubs off his no trade list) deal.
            Lester has a lot of future tied up.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Lester has a lot of future tied up.

J
              Even after the Lester signing (and the others) the Cubs would still have to spend about $20-30M per year to get to number 10 in salaries spent using last years numbers. I suspect they wait on another big name pitcher until next off season. I would still like to see them work out a deal with Atlanta for Upton.

Comment

Working...
              X