Brandon Moss to Cleveland per Passan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Moss to Cleveland per Passan

the long-rumored deal is now done; Moss to Cleveland & Wendle to Oakland.

Huh? Everyone is looking for power and this is the best the As could do for Moss?
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

And now you've got a crappy situation in Cleveland as well. 3 guys who play 1st base...and the only one that you really want there is Santana. I guess that Moss end up being the DH, but what do you do with Swisher and that contract?
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        Huh? Everyone is looking for power and this is the best the As could do for Moss?
        Wow, agreed. My first thought was "that's it?"

Looking at Wendle's minor league stats makes it even more puzzling. He hit just .253 at AA, with middling pop and no real speed. Moss was arb-eligible, but maybe his salary would jump to $8m or so. What are we missing here? Is it going to come out that Moss also called Beane "Billy Boy"?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          And now you've got a crappy situation in Cleveland as well. 3 guys who play 1st base...and the only one that you really want there is Santana. I guess that Moss end up being the DH, but what do you do with Swisher and that contract?
          As a Cleveland fan...I look forward to any effort to jettison Swisher they put forth.
          Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Moss is coming off the hip surgery so that's why the price is where it is.

I don't get the Oakland offseason at all

Comment

I don't either. Let Moss get his. $7 mil in arb, and deal him at the break once he's established value again.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
              X