X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
    They need an accountant as well.
    I'll charge a very reasonable rate.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

Comment

This one takes the cake.

Mariano Rivera blew his fifth save of the season in Sunday's extra-innings loss to the Red Sox.
      Rivera allowed a double to David Ortiz, then walked Carl Crawford intentionally before surrendering a walkoff RBI single to Josh Reddick. The Yanks' closer still boasts a 1.87 ERA and 0.97 WHIP through 45 total appearances this season. He is not in danger of losing his job.

Um dumbasses, that was the way the Sox scored in the 10th inning when Hughes was pitching.
      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Nelson Cruz left Sunday's game in the sixth inning after he strained his left hamstring.
        Cruz pulled up lame after hitting a double. He headed toward the dugout immediately, replaced by pinch-runner Craig Gentry. This was probably the worse case scenario, as it wasn't a quad crap that he struggled with earlier this year. Cruz battled hamstrings problems last year. He will be re-evaluated tomorrow.
        Haha. No idea what this was supposed to say...I'm guessing it wasn't this.

Comment

probably cramp - still pretty funny typo
          "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
          "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

Comment

Sometimes their writers are bad at math, too.

Royals and RHP Greg Holland avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $4.675 million contract.
            Holland requested $5.2 million and was offered $4.1 million from the Royals when arbitration figures were exchanged last month, so the two sides settled for a little under the $4.65 million midpoint, but he can make an additional $50,000 if he is named to the All-Star team. The 28-year-old remains under team control through 2016 and is quickly emerging as one of the top closers in the game.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Mark Feinsand of the New York Daily News reports that Phil Hughes has agreed to a three-year, $42 million contract extension with the Yankees.
              The extension wipes out the final two years and $16 million on Hughes' original three-year, $24 million deal with the Twins. So it's essentially a five-year, $58 million pact, and it'll keep Hughes in Minnesota through the 2019 season. The 28-year-old right-hander revitalized his career in 2014, posting a 3.52 ERA, 1.13 WHIP, and 186/16 K/BB ratio across 209 2/3 innings. He had a 5.19 ERA and 1.46 WHIP in 2013, his final year with the Yankees.
              Source: New York Daily NewsDec 22 - 8:59 AM

Comment

Working...
              X