Yanks get Didi Gregorius in a 3 team deal-Per Rosenthal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yanks get Didi Gregorius in a 3 team deal-Per Rosenthal

The Yanks get Didi, The Tigers get Shane Greene from the Yanks and Arizona gets two players from Detroit-one of which is Robbie Ray. The second player from the Tigers is unknown.
    Last edited by Vecmizer; 12-05-2014, 10:55 AM.
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Wow, Robbie Ray's decline was pretty swift considering he was the centerpiece of the Doug Fister trade last season.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Wow, Robbie Ray's decline was pretty swift considering he was the centerpiece of the Doug Fister trade last season.
      How quickly we forget .... Ray had two very good starts for the Tigers in May when he was called up and then one relief appearance before his third start - a disaster against the Texas Rangers. He was then shipped out and when called back up in August was not very good but I don't have the time to research what happened on the field in the minors during June & July but I did see him pitch in the Arizona Fall League in October and he looked pretty good. Not clear whether he will actually have a chance to make the Diamondbacks rotation next spring but I think there is reason to believe he could be productive again.

Comment

AZ traded Prado and now traded Didi... so now they are left with Owings at SS and Hill at 2B, and I guess Jake Lamb at 3B? Or Do they still have Cliff Pennington?

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Same could be said about Gregorious, right? He was the main piece coming back in exchange for then-top prospect Trevor Bauer.

Seems like a pretty decent take from the Yankees' side to me, I suppose.
          Absolutely. That trade was panned then (including many on this board) and is yet another horrendous Kevin Towers deal. The Fister trade was also panned here. Why don't these GMs ask our opinion first before going through with these deals? Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
            AZ traded Prado and now traded Didi... so now they are left with Owings at SS and Hill at 2B, and I guess Jake Lamb at 3B? Or Do they still have Cliff Pennington?
            They still have Pennington and also Nick Ahmed.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              They said today Tomas will also get a look at 3B.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                They said today Tomas will also get a look at 3B.
                Yeesh, there were teams that weren't even sure he could play a competent corner OF slot.

They could always move Trumbo to 3B if they don't care about defense...

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                  The Yanks get Didi, The Tigers get Shane Greene from the Yanks and Arizona gets two players from Detroit-one of which is Robbie Ray. The second player from the Tigers is unknown.
                  The D-Backs also get Domingo Leyba.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                  X