New qualifiers - post them here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phillies C Carlos Ruiz at 3B for the 19th
    first batter, long fly down the 3B foul line, Ruiz dives for it like he forgot he just caught 18 innings

also Wilson Valdez with the scoreless 19th, fyi
    got Votto on a 380-ft fly ball, hit Rolen, Bruce on a fly, and pitcher Fisher popped up...
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Mark Trumbo now has 5 games in RF, so he gets the sweet 1B/OF eligibility. Hoping he gets 20 in the OF by year's end.

Juan Rivera now has 6 games at 1B, so he's also got 1B/OF. He's getting hot right now as well, currently on a 7 game hit streak, hitting .400/.464/.720 during that period with 2 HR, plus a ball he hit off the top of the wall yesterday that went for a long single.

Rivera might lose his job once Lind gets back in a week or less, but it all depends on how Thames fares at the plate.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Valdez with the 1st batter W since Brent Mayne in 2000..
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          Mark Trumbo now has 5 games in RF, so he gets the sweet 1B/OF eligibility. Hoping he gets 20 in the OF by year's end.
          I would love to see that as well, but I'm quite pessimistic about it. With Morales out for the year he's their 1B. Unless there are injuries/trades I don't expect him to qualify anywhere but 1B----maybe OF in a 10-game league.
          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Valdez with the 1st batter W since Brent Mayne in 2000..
            He is the first player to start a game as a hitter and end the game with a win since Babe Ruth in 1921.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              He is the first player to start a game as a hitter and end the game with a win since Babe Ruth in 1921.
              That's a pretty cool little nugget.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                That's a pretty cool little nugget.
                You think he's going around telling everyone he's just like Babe Ruth?
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                  I would love to see that as well, but I'm quite pessimistic about it. With Morales out for the year he's their 1B. Unless there are injuries/trades I don't expect him to qualify anywhere but 1B----maybe OF in a 10-game league.
                  Not sure exactly what the signing of Branyan does here, does he take AB's from Trumbo who has struggled against righties so far? Does it allow Trumbo to play some more OF (esp with Wells out)? I guess we'll just wait to see how it shakes out.
                  Last edited by Grinch; 05-26-2011, 09:24 PM.
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                    Not sure exactly what the signing of Branyan does here, does he take AB's from Trumbo who has struggled against righties so far? Does it allow Trumbo to play some more OF (esp with Wells out)? I guess we'll just wait to see how it shakes out.
                    It gives the Angels more options, including the chance to give Trumbo more days off. Branyan is a decent 1B IIRC, a not-good 3B, and a plodding-but-perhaps-serviceable corner OF. He could also DH, with Abreu playing more OF.

More likely is that Branyan's back starts bothering him again and he winds up on the DL. Nevertheless, it's a decent gamble, as there's little to lose and something to gain.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      It gives the Angels more options, including the chance to give Trumbo more days off. Branyan is a decent 1B IIRC, a not-good 3B, and a plodding-but-perhaps-serviceable corner OF. He could also DH, with Abreu playing more OF.

More likely is that Branyan's back starts bothering him again and he winds up on the DL. Nevertheless, it's a decent gamble, as there's little to lose and something to gain.
                      The way I read it was Branyan was going to get plenty of ABs since he is a lefty. Maybe I am a rose colored glass Branyan owner.

Comment

Brandon Belt is now active.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Just noticed Daniel Murphy got a game at 3B for those in one-game qualifiers. That now gives him 1B, 2B and 3B and OF in single-game qualifiers. The new Ty Wigginton.

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Brandon Belt is now active.

J
                            And now has OF eligibility in one-game qualifiers

Comment

Skip Schumaker is OF eligible (5 games). Take a seat Tyler Greene or Aaron Rowand!
                              Last edited by schlesinj; 06-14-2011, 09:44 AM.

Comment

They say that Sandoval will see some time at catcher...how about 20 times lol?

Comment

Working...
                                X