Auction next Saturday, whose value has increased/decreased

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auction next Saturday, whose value has increased/decreased

Not sure how many others have yet to draft/auction, but we are holding our's next Saturday in New Orleans (during French Quarter Fest). I have my projected values all lined up but I'm interested to hear about players whose values have risen or fallen based on either a)skills, b) roles, or c) injuries. Injuries that force a player to DL are the most obvious so I have most of those covered but I'm talking more about speculating on hidden injuries that have flown under the radar.

I obviously don't want to overreact and include a player like Kendrick because he's now a power hitter, or Pujols because he had a rough 1st series. But the argument about Vazquez either losing his value vs. having a bad outing. (I originally had valued him at about $7 but dropped him to $4 after being convinced he's significantly declined).

Here are a few that come to mind (most of whom I have been following closely b/c they're on my RJEL squad). Feel free to add more.

Jose Bautista - last year was no fluke so no need to discount. Of course, he's someone's keeper.

Matt Kemp - looks like a different player thus far, will significantly exceed 2010 production.

Carlos Santana - will play 1B on his 'off' days so he gets a nice boost in ABs.

Mike Napoli - fears of reduced ABs fading as he continues to mash.

Starlin Castro - no sophomore slump here, this guy is going to win a batting title or two.

Zach Britton - made the Os rotation due to Matusz injury and is likely up for good b/c he'll pitch well enough to stay in the rotation.

Brandon Lyons - truly garbage.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Kimbrell appears to be the closer. Holliday may be back sooner than most expected.

Comment

Willie Bloomquist
      Longoria
      Matusz
      Nelson Cruz

Comment

Miranda is the starting 1B in Arizona.

Comment

Might want to adjust the Milwaukee closer values.

Comment

i'd keep a close eye on phil hughes' start against the bosox on friday. the pinstripes seem (legitimately) concerned about his dip in velocity - certainly enough to warrant at least a few ticks down on a draft chart.
            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

My draft is saturday in NL only cant wait

Comment

Working...
              X