Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Javier Vazquez a good buy low candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eldiablo505
    I still stand by this statement made a while back. Even without the velocity, he's a passable pitcher just with guile rather than stuff.
    when a 6ERA and 1.5WHIP are passable, youll have nailed this one.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      when a 6ERA and 1.5WHIP are passable, youll have nailed this one.
      Although I think over his last few starts his ERA has been under 3. I still wouldn't want him on my team, but he may have turned a very very small corner.

Comment

I will bet you anything on earth that his numbers will be better than that by season's end.

You do know what "buy low" means, right?
        ummmmm your 'buy low' proclamation was made on April 5th.

You do know what 'blown up my pitching staff' means, right?
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

ummmmm your 'buy low' proclamation was made on April 5th.

You do know what 'blown up my pitching staff' means, right?
          Adam Wainwright.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
            1st: 88 90 90 91 (these last two very high, catcher had to stand up) 90 91 91 91 84? 91 92 85?
            2nd: 89 91 91 91
            3rd: 87 90 88 90 85?

I watched a few innings but might have missed some fastballs while doing other stuff. The pitches with "?" looked mostly straight but way slower than Vaz's usual FB and too fast to be his slider.

Avg is 90.1 if I remove the pitches with ?
            any idea how 90.1 compares to (1) previous starts this year when he was getting rocked, (2) two years ago (I think) when he did well?

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
              any idea how 90.1 compares to (1) previous starts this year when he was getting rocked, (2) two years ago (I think) when he did well?
              keep in mind I only did the first three innings and the later innings he prob lost a little velocity and I also didnt include the three 84-85 mph pitches that I didnt know how to classify. Maybe those were really bad fastballs.

If Vaz can really average 90 mph, he'll probably be rosterable the rest of the way, especially when pitching at home.
              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by james33 View Post
                1) 90.1 represented his best average FB velocity in a game so far this season. 2) That average is in the neighborhood of his 2009 numbers, although it looks like he was able to crank it up to 93-94 somewhat regularly. That hasn't happened in 2011.

Comment

The suckage continues....

Javier Vazquez was chased for seven runs over 3 2/3 innings in Saturday's loss to the Diamondbacks.

His ERA is a sparkling 6.50. If you thought he was a good buy low a few weeks back, his buying price just keeps getting lower. In most leagues it should be free.

Comment

The suckage continues....

Javier Vazquez was chased for seven runs over 3 2/3 innings in Saturday's loss to the Diamondbacks.

His ERA is a sparkling 6.50. If you thought he was a good buy low a few weeks back, his buying price just keeps getting lower. In most leagues it should be free.
                    If I accept Vazquez in a trade, I should be stripped of my Roto card and sent to the Ohio Home for the Truly Incompetent.
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                      If I accept Vazquez in a trade, I should be stripped of my Roto card and sent to the Ohio Home for the Truly Incompetent.
                      But you also traded Dustin Ackley for Frank Francisco in RJEL: jes' sayin' . And BTW, that was my unofficial complaint who netted you Lance Lynn. You can thank me later.

:mistert:

Comment

You're welcome (assuming you held on to him).

I'm sure most squads, especially those in NL only leagues, could have some quite well with the following stats:

12 wins, 153 Ks,3.77 ERA, 1.21 WHIP

And that includes the stats during all the freaking out so the stats you'd have gotten would be much, muchbetter.

Hey, gotta give credit where credit's due. This thread is a pretty funny read now.
                        In my 10 team NL I have 1 starter with stats worse than gas can Vazquez this season. Was he great down the stretch? Absolutely but even with that he was less than mediocre.

Comment

Working...
                        X