Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Javier Vazquez a good buy low candidate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Javier Vazquez a good buy low candidate?

I watched the replay of the season debut vs the Mets. He really struggled with his control but the umpire was squeezing the strike zone on his pitches. Several times he had a 2 – 1 or 3 -1 counts and when the strike zone was shown on the TV screen, 2 of the pitches called balls were stikes right on the corners of the zone. Since he was getting squeezed and without better control, he had to throw down the middle.

His velocity was 89 to 92 with good movement on his FB (thus the reason he was having trouble controlling it). His breaking balls looked average but should improve over the season. Historically, his control has been good with less that 2.5 walks per nine. Strikeout rate has also been good in the high 8k per nine innings. Even in his 2010 down year with the Yankees he averaged 6.9 k per 9 innings and walked “only” 3.7 per nine (his highest rate ever in his career.)

So, maybe a good buylow opportunity from a panicked owner or is he truly done?

Buy him low if youd like to go lower in the standings. He throws puss these days.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

He's probably a decent waiver wire risk, but at this point I wouldn't give up anything in a trade to get him.

Comment

The risk of damage to your era and whip are too high. Plenty other options, leave him to someone else.

Comment

We all gamble a bit. If you can hide him in your reserves and price to get him is not too high, why not? If you can't bench him then probably not a good idea unless of course you have nothing to lose.

Comment

Javier Vazquez without stikeouts is like a pizza without a crust.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Javier Vazquez without stikeouts is like a pizza without a crust.

J
              where else can you get pearls like these?
              After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

34 IP, 43 hits, 21 walks thus far with only 16 strikeouts.

Awful

Comment

the dude sucks. plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                    34 IP, 43 hits, 21 walks thus far with only 16 strikeouts.

Awful
                    I was stupid enough to draft him, but fortunately he never got into my starting lineup and I dropped him yesterday.

To think I could have had Shields for $2 more but believed they were roughly equal and passed on Shields.
                    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
                      I was stupid enough to draft him, but fortunately he never got into my starting lineup and I dropped him yesterday.

To think I could have had Shields for $2 more but believed they were roughly equal and passed on Shields.
                      We all make mistakes. Look at my various teams, for example.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

replaced him with jeff samardzija before tonight's beating. whew. done-ski.
                        ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

He's turned into Jamey Wright. Amazing.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Nine men up in the first and counting against the mighty, powerful Washington gNats. .... Jason Marquis with a two run double to cap it.

This guy needs to pull a Posada.

I challenge you to name a SP who has been worse this season. Vazquez makes Ryan Dempster look like Cy Young.

I need to start vazquezneedstoretirenow dot com

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              He's turned into Jamey Wright. Amazing.
                              Jamey Wright, interim closer of the Seattle Mariners. Make sure you get that title right next time

Comment

Working...
                              X