Another trade question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another trade question.

A free Maikel Franco for this year (then $15 for 2 years) or Mesoraco $10 and done or $15 for this year and next?

Our league values its prospects. Will Franco produce enough this year to make the fact that he is free worth the trade.

Mesoraco 10 and done. Extending catchers makes my intestines turn over .
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

mesoraco, either 10 and done or extend. done or extend depends on league details (categories and # catchers).
      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
        I absolutely agree with not extending Mesoraco.

Remember when Miguel Montero was worth a big extension? McCann? Mauer? Russell Martin, circa 2008? Pretty much any catcher who's had one (or more) great years?

Catchers get beat to shit. The ones that are good hitters are in the Hall of Fame. Unless you think Mesoraco is a HoF caliber catcher, offensively speaking, there's no way you do anything but mitigate risk with him.

That all said, I would try like hell to maximize your return on him right now. Not later. Now. I think that Franco is a pretty good return for Mesoraco, although Franco is pretty expensive. Is he a free minor league keeper until he gets the major league ABs? I'd probably prefer Franco but it's relatively close. There is absolutely no way in hell that I would extend Mesoraco, though. I just can't envision that the benefit comes close to outweighing the very significant risk.
        I am the Franco owner, wondering if I should go after Mesoraco. Franco is free this year. If I made the trade I could keep or extend. I just am not sure that Franco will get me the stats this year to be my 3B starter (I would pick up a $1 3B in the end game).

Comment

If your league is prospect crazy then I think you could get more for Franco. Just a guess. This wouldn't be a bad deal for you but I'm also leery of extending Mesoraco. I'd do it, but I wouldn't love it. Assuming 12 teams and 2 catchers, that is.

Comment

Working...
          X