Olbermann...but more importantly...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olbermann...but more importantly...

So I'm up late watching late night ESPN...woo...the thrills just never stop in the Pogues' household...and sitting in for Keith Olbermann is Adnan Virk.

So?

So...his first guest Jonah Keri, is a hot stove reporter, and they start talking baseball.

So?

The discussion, after getting past a boring 1988 Topps baseball card discussion, moves onto the Toronto Blue Jays.

So?

Keri starts talking about catchers framing pitches, and it could never be quantified...until 3 years ago. So guy who I would guess 99.5% of the viewers has never heard of was hired by the Houston Astros, started quantifying this.

SO?

You haven't caught on yet? I had to rewind just to make sure my ears didn't deceive.

Mike Fast, you've made the big time! OR something.
    Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

It was a Canuck show last night -- Virk & Keri are the Canadian baseball dynamic duo

Comment

I met Jonah Keri when I was in the 2004 LABR. He was a very fine gentleman and player, and I had some very interesting and educational conversations on the phone with him over trades and stuff. Great baseball guy.

Comment

I've gotten to know Jonah over the years since we first started talking about the Rays for his book. We still bounce stuff off one another and I'm in a fantasy baseball league with him and 16 other writers/friends

Comment

Congrats to Mike! He's kind of a big deal!

Comment

Who is Mike Fast?

Comment

Originally posted by Midnight Otter View Post
              Who is Mike Fast?
              One of steve's aliases.
              "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                One of steve's aliases.
                That's a good one! Congrats, Mike!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                  I've gotten to know Jonah over the years since we first started talking about the Rays for his book. We still bounce stuff off one another and I'm in a fantasy baseball league with him and 16 other writers/friends
                  So cool. Sounds like fun.

And, yeah, Mike is kind of a big deal. Over the last few years, I've mentored a young man who is a sabermetric/baseball nut. He goes to the SABR conference and hobnobs. He's currently attending Amherst in their Sports Marketing school and has dreams of being a GM someday. He came to me some years ago with this amazing research he was reading about pitcher framing. I said, "Mike Fast"? He said, "Oh my God, it's awesome." I said, "Did you know that Mike Fast's favorite baseball player was Kevin Seitzer?" He looked at me crazy. So, long story short, even the young gun generation are Mike Fast fanbois. Count me among them.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    One of steve's aliases.
                    You're the AntiJordan?

Congrats on well-earned recognition!
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                      So cool. Sounds like fun.

And, yeah, Mike is kind of a big deal. Over the last few years, I've mentored a young man who is a sabermetric/baseball nut. He goes to the SABR conference and hobnobs. He's currently attending Amherst in their Sports Marketing school and has dreams of being a GM someday. He came to me some years ago with this amazing research he was reading about pitcher framing. I said, "Mike Fast"? He said, "Oh my God, it's awesome." I said, "Did you know that Mike Fast's favorite baseball player was Kevin Seitzer?" He looked at me crazy. So, long story short, even the young gun generation are Mike Fast fanbois. Count me among them.
                      They, and you, might be fanbois...but Poguism runs strong with him.

Helps I also once called Kevin Seitzer my favorite player.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                      X