2K15 Trade ideas (not rumors)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K15 Trade ideas (not rumors)

This thread is for ideas that we come up with ... not things we've heard anywhere else.

a couple of my thoughts ...

Mark Buehrle & half his salary to KC for Wade Davis.

Dionner Navaro to Sea for Dustin Ackley.

not sure if I'm valuing my home team too much.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

I usually start this thread annually, so now I'll make comments:

Mark Buehrle & half his salary to KC for Wade Davis.
    No chance. Davis is under team control for the next three seasons, and not sure KC needs another mushballer, even if they need to replace an arm in the rotation. One season of Buehrle is not worth nearly this much.

Dionner Navaro to Sea for Dustin Ackley.
    This is another easy 'not a chance.' They have Zunino behind the plate, and Navarro is a FA after this season. The improving Ackley is under team control for another 3 years. I can't see them trading their starting LFer for a DH.

Comment

Cubs trade Castro and a good prospect for Kemp with the Dodgers picking up a healthy amount of salary.

Comment

Yeah, Ed? Can you rename this thread "Fanboy's Wishlists"?

The only one that would have a ghost of a chance is ELD's, and the Dodgers would have to eat about 3/4th's of Ethier's salary...he's literally got almost no value these days.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Mets trade Dillon Gee to the Padres for Everth Cabrera.
          Heck, they can toss in Wilmer Flores too since they seem to hate him so much.

Phillies trade Domonic Brown to the Reds for Mike Leake
          The Phils seem like they're dying to get rid of Brown, and they need to build out that rotation with younger arms. The Reds can afford to part with a starter with Cingrani returning and Stephenson on the way.

Red Sox trade Daniel Nava to the Royals for Aaron Crow
          Minor trade, but the Royals can use the underrated Nava as a DH of sorts and the Sox need to rebuild that pen.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            It would certainly depend on the prospect. I'm not that sure that the Dodgers would trade Kemp for Castro straight up at this point. Kemp's value was minimized by playing a shitty centerfield. Now he doesn't have to be the everyday CF and can be a RF, where he is merely below average rather than horrendous. The guy can still hit.

Kemp ain't cheap but neither is Castro. It just seems doubtful that this trade would ever happen, honestly. Castro and Kris Bryant for Kemp and $? Sure, let's do it! Would the Cubbies? Seriously doubt it.
            Castro is cheap:

Signing bonus: $6 million
            2013: $5 million
            2014: $5 million
            2015: $6 million
            2016: $7 million
            2017: $9 million
            2018: $10 million
            2019: $11 million
            2020: $16 million option or $1 million buyout

Cubs want a veteran Right Fielder.

Comment

He's still owed almost $60 million. Plus, his 2013 was so awful that he's a big risk for a team like the Dodgers who can't really afford to take a lot of risks (imo). His defense is just okay and his bat is, well, far from a sure thing. He could be a great bargain or he could be an albatross that some team is stuck with for a shitload more years. 2014 Castro is worth trading something of value for.....2013 Castro is not.

I have a feeling that the Dodgers are targeting someone with significantly better defensive chops than Castro possesses. That's why the Alexei Ramirez rumors make so much sense.
              Still owed 43 million if they take the 1m buyout. That is over 5 years. Plus the prospect.

I don't think it will happen but a guy can dream.

Comment

He's still owed almost $60 million. Plus, his 2013 was so awful that he's a big risk for a team like the Dodgers who can't really afford to take a lot of risks (imo). His defense is just okay and his bat is, well, far from a sure thing. He could be a great bargain or he could be an albatross that some team is stuck with for a shitload more years. 2014 Castro is worth trading something of value for.....2013 Castro is not.

I have a feeling that the Dodgers are targeting someone with significantly better defensive chops than Castro possesses. That's why the Alexei Ramirez rumors make so much sense.
                The Ramirez rumor makes sense for the Dodgers, but it does not make sense for the Sox. They still have control over him for 2 years.

Comment

Here's mine:

Andre Ethier plus $30M (he's owed $53.5 over the next 3 years)
                  Zach Lee/Chris Anderson/Chris Reed

to CHW for

Alexei Ramirez.
                  Might take some more money, but this might just happen. Especially if Zach Lee is the P.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Red Sox trade Daniel Nava to the Royals for Aaron Crow
                    Minor trade, but the Royals can use the underrated Nava as a DH of sorts and the Sox need to rebuild that pen.

And Crow does indeed get traded......but to the Marlins for farmhands Reid Redman and Brian Flynn.

Comment

Working...
                    X