Cubs/Braves make a deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    I can't see any way that the Nats deal away a dominating, #1 starter for anything less than a boatload. Especially considering that he's already signed for next year, and could bring the house if they decide to deal him at the trade deadline...
    He's not signed for next year, as 2015 is the final year of his contract.

Phillips' speculated they would trade him, get some top infield prospects (especially now since Desmond rejected a $105m deal), and sign Scherzer.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      La Stella would fill the 2B opening. .
      Not really sure he's everyday material

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
        Good on base guy for when Baez is 0-25 and the Cubs need a base runner?

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Not sure what I was posting, as La Stella is on the Cubs and not the Nats. But my point (Steve Phillips' point, really) was that La Stella is a decent temporary option for the Cubs if they choose to trade away an infield prospect in his proposed Zim deal.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            He's not signed for next year, as 2015 is the final year of his contract.

Phillips' speculated they would trade him, get some top infield prospects (especially now since Desmond rejected a $105m deal), and sign Scherzer.
            Last time I checked, it's still 2014, so he's signed for next season in my book. Phillips is a boob, not in the league of Bowden, but a boob nonetheless. Zimmerman is younger than Scherzer, and probably will come a lot cheaper as well...yes, the Nats will have a lot of commitments in the next 2 seasons, but you don't deal a top of the rotation guy just entering his prime for prospects. when you can contend for the World Series.
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
            X