Early look at 2015 AL Keepers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early look at 2015 AL Keepers

Who do you like best from this bunch? Can keep 8. Contract is this year, and will go up (A->B, B->C) next year, with C being final year.

Donaldson $1 B
    N Cruz $16 A
    A Gordon $15 A
    Kendrick $12 A
    Singleton $7 A

Doolittle $4 B
    Duffy $1 A
    Gray $5 B
    Odorizzi $4 A

Pomeranz $5 A
    Janssen $7 B

I think the bolded ones are no-brainers. I'm nervous about not keeping Pomeranz and him being a stud in 2015. Gordon is a better real life player than fantasy, but $15 still seems like a good keeper price. Does Singleton's upside put him on the list? Is 2B scarcity a reason to take Kendrick instead? His 2014 was a pleasant surprise, but will he repeat or regress? I'm afraid Janssen might not have much more gas in the tank. Of the non-bolds, I'd probably lean towards 2 from Pomeranz (assuming he has a SP spot), Gordon, and Singleton.

How many teams? I think I would keep Gordon and Singleton. I really like Kendrick and if you want to keep him instead of Gordon to fill your boring slot, I think that's fine. I agree that Pomeranz is a high ceiling guy but I am just not convinced he's a lock to get there. I do think Singleton is a good guy to gamble on from this list. And honestly 4 pitchers out of 8 is already more than I'd feel really good about. I know Odorizzi has a lot of upside but I wouldn't call you an idiot for keeping Kendrick/Gordon/Singleton and throwing him back.

Comment

Singleton at 7 would probably be on my list, but that will require you to target at least one high BA guy in your draft to compensate. I had Singleton this year - but I had VMart to negate his effects on my team BA.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Singleton at $7 is a no brainer for me. I would keep Gordon at 15 over Kendrick. I like Singleton and Gordon over Pomeranz (and I like him) even if he starts.

Nice team. Nice problem to have.

Comment

10-teams. Another reason to keep Singleton might be more perceived trade value mid-season if I'm in the hunt and need tempting keepers to dangle for dumping teams. Gosh, I just feel like Pomeranz could break out and be a stud for a few years starting 2015...

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
            10-teams. Another reason to keep Singleton might be more perceived trade value mid-season if I'm in the hunt and need tempting keepers to dangle for dumping teams. Gosh, I just feel like Pomeranz could break out and be a stud for a few years starting 2015...
            Can you package Kendrick and Ordorizzi for a upgrade keeper?

Comment

I can certainly try. People in my league are exceptionally leery of trading their "good" keepers pre-season.

Comment

I'm not feeling super excited about my last keeper spot. Singleton's role seems more and more to be in AAA, Pomeranz will likely be in the pen by June.

For sure I will keep (8 max):
                Donaldson $1 B
                N Cruz $16 A
                A Gordon $15 A
                Doolittle $4 B
                Duffy $1 A
                Gray $5 B
                Odorizzi $4 A

And I was originally thinking for the last spot either:
                Singleton $7 A
                Pomeranz $5 A
                but now have options of:
                C Santana $23
                A Jackson $21
                JJ Hardy $16

I'm leaning towards Santana, despite the lost C eligibility. Inflation is about 10-15% probably. Thoughts?

Comment

If Gattis gets AB in left, Carter/Singleton man 1B and DH. I don't think Singleton has anything left to prove in AAA.

I'm not sure the difference between him and Santana will be $16.

If you think Santana will rebound to hit .270 with 30 HR, keep him.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I thought Lunhow has said Gattis will primarily play 1B/DH. And they have Marisnick. And I'd think that Singleton has to prove he can hit over .200 and not strike out in half his ABs.

In fact, here's the GM's quotes from Singleton's CBS page: ""We don't know what Gattis is going to look like in left field," Luhnow said, per the Houston Chronicle. "If he's good out there or adequate, I'm sure he'll get some at-bats out there. Is he going to be our everyday left fielder? I can't imagine that happening with the guys that we have, but we want to have that bat in the lineup.

"Guys that have options are going to have to prove to us that they belong in the big leagues. I don't think it's just Singleton. Like I said, we've got multiple options at every position on the diamond now. So, you know, players may not be playing their preferred position -- that puzzle will come together in spring training. We're only guessing to try to figure it out right now."

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                      I thought Lunhow has said Gattis will primarily play 1B/DH. And they have Marisnick.
                      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Thanks KS. So that means: Springer, Marisnick, Rasmus in the OF, right? Leaving Gattis at DH and Carter at 1B? I still don't see a spot for Singleton in Houston unless he can show he isn't K'ing all the time.

Comment

Working...
                        X