Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willie Bloomquist MVP Thread

Any other Bloomquist owners in here?
    I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

and a leadoff jack today! I assume he's pushed Stephen Drew to the bench once he gets back from injury by now...
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
      and a leadoff jack today! I assume he's pushed Stephen Drew to the bench once he gets back from injury by now...
      LOL...probably not for good.

But I would guess that he's certainly in line for a lot more PT than he once was. The D-backs have a big hole in LF with Parra and Nady being less than mediocre, and 3rd being pretty much of a black hole. I have no idea if Bllomquist has played much 3rd, but I would think tht he might be given some time there.

Oakland A's is the man for all things D-back here...I'm sure that he can shed some more enlightend thoughts on Willie.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        Oakland A's is the man for all things D-back here...I'm sure that he can shed some more enlightend thoughts on Willie.
        Drew pinch-hit today, but apparently isn't ready to play SS yet. Once he's healthy, Drew will be the everyday SS. But there will be opportunities for Bloomquist to get occasional starts at 2B, SS, 3B, LF, and CF. Despite his great first week, no one expects Bloomquist to be an asset offensively, but Gibson likes to ride the hot hand. I don't expect it to last much longer.

Comment

look, all I'm saying is, there is only one person in the league on pace for a 50/150 season, and he can achieve that even if he slows down a little. I'm sure I don't have to tell you that that would be one of the best seasons of the last ten years.

- Mike
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I came here to remark on the genius of the thread title. I hope we are able to start a similar themed one for Donnie Murphy here in a week or two.

Comment

Another SB today.

The Bloom is ON the rose!
              I'm sorry, man, but I've got magic. I've got poetry in my fingertips. Most of the time--and this includes naps --I'm an F-18, bro. And I will destroy you in the air. I will deploy my ordinance to the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                Another SB today.

The Bloom is ON the rose!
                And 2 more RBI

Comment

Five! Five steals! Ah ah ah ah ah.

Comment

The kid is on fire

Comment

Originally posted by billbuckner View Post
                      The kid is on fire
                      LOL...he's 33years old.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                      X