2k15 Trade Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
    I think that outfield defense of the Pads may have something to say about Hamels as a Cy Young finalist. Plus, Kershaw is going to have a better defense by the mere subtraction of Kemp in his outfield. I like just about any pitcher in Petco at the right price, and Hamels there would be great. But he's no Kershaw.
    No one is Kershaw, except maybe Bumgarner come playoff time. Kershaw the best of his generation, and I think will end up in the single digits on the all time pitching list. I just wanted to give Hamels moving to a great park and a better team the highest thumbs up I could think of in terms of his production. You can't say anything nicer about a SP right now than putting him close to the level of the best in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I hope it is not the Cubs that offered the 110m.
      If it was the Cubs I can't see how he turned it down. I would think the same probably applies to the Padres, who are nosing around Hamels and therefore could theoretically be interested. Ditto the Cards who sniffed around Scherzer.

The only teams I can really see him turning down are AZ (but they made it sound like they're waiting on the price to come down and probably didn't offer him 110), Miami (ditto), Colorado, and maybe the Yankees. I would think Boston would be more attractive than the Yankees if they made an offer. Same with Toronto.

What other semi-attractive or unattractive destinations would have made that offer? Cincy? Minnesota? Milwaukee? Texas? Houston? I don't see any of those happening.

Comment

The Astros have brought Evan Gattis in for a physical, so it sounds like a move is imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
          If it was the Cubs I can't see how he turned it down. I would think the same probably applies to the Padres, who are nosing around Hamels and therefore could theoretically be interested. Ditto the Cards who sniffed around Scherzer.

The only teams I can really see him turning down are AZ (but they made it sound like they're waiting on the price to come down and probably didn't offer him 110), Miami (ditto), Colorado, and maybe the Yankees. I would think Boston would be more attractive than the Yankees if they made an offer. Same with Toronto.

What other semi-attractive or unattractive destinations would have made that offer? Cincy? Minnesota? Milwaukee? Texas? Houston? I don't see any of those happening.
          I don't see any of those last five making that kind of offer, Texas because I think they're in rebuild mode and the others because they just don't spend like that. Cincinnati is definitely out; they're still whining about how high their payroll is, even though it's of their own making with the contract extensions over the last few years (Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Bailey, etc.). Atlanta and Pittsburgh came to mind, but again, I don't see them spending that much on one pitcher.

One that comes to mind as a pitcher-unfriendly environment is the White Sox.
          Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
          -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            I don't see any of those last five making that kind of offer, Texas because I think they're in rebuild mode and the others because they just don't spend like that. Cincinnati is definitely out; they're still whining about how high their payroll is, even though it's of their own making with the contract extensions over the last few years (Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Bailey, etc.). Atlanta and Pittsburgh came to mind, but again, I don't see them spending that much on one pitcher.

One that comes to mind as a pitcher-unfriendly environment is the White Sox.
            True. With Sale and Samardjzia and Quintana, they don't really need another expensive pitcher, but they are throwing money around like a drunken sailor, and they do have Hector Noesi on their depth chart, so maybe it makes sense. Still, with the money they're spending I would think a guy wouldn't mind signing there.

Comment

Working...
            X