Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Lind dealt to Milwaukee for Marco Estrada

Jays also decline the options on Justin Smoak & Brandon Morrow's contracts

It should be a decent home for Lind, though we'll see if Milwaukee lets him play everyday (seems unlikely to me).

Todd Rosiak of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel was speculating that Estrada was going to be non-tendered, so I think the Brewers did a good job getting a useful bat in return. After looking at the 2014 park factor numbers, Rogers Centre (1.310 HR/game) looks like a terrible place for Estrada to end up after leading the NL in HRs allowed last year (Miller Park: 1.142 HR/game). He'll need to make some adjustments to his delivery if he wants to survive in that park (and on trips to Yankee Stadium).

Comment

So, does this mean Hunter Morris never gets a chance? He seems to be as near-ready as he's going to be and he isn't getting any younger.

Comment

Yeah, Morris is more than likely done with the Brewers. Matt Clark and Jason Rogers seemed to be ahead of him already and Lind is probably the nail in the coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmadden View Post
          Yeah, Morris is more than likely done with the Brewers. Matt Clark and Jason Rogers seemed to be ahead of him already and Lind is probably the nail in the coffin.
          That's what I figured. He could get moved in the short term and be closer to a chance to start. If he lands on a team with weak options at 1B, he may find a way in. If he stays with Milwaukee, he's not getting anything.

Comment

Working...
          X