What U Expected and What U Didn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What U Expected and What U Didn't?

I thought this might be a good topic for a thread.

Of all the things that happened over the weekend what was the one thing that you expected or is inline with what you expected, and also what went the other way?

For me I realize it's just one game but the 2 pitchers that I expect the biggest potential regressions from this year were Clay Buchholtz and Jaimie Garcia.

I thought Buchholtz ERA from last year was lucky and made him look better than he actually was. Inn fact he only allowed 9 homers last year which was very good but allowed 4 in his first start of 2011, so I feel good about my leeriness of him in 2011.

As for Garcia, with his extremely large inning spike last year, and just general sophomore slumping tendency, I expected Garcia to struggle in 2011, but he comes out with a complete with a shutout n which he looked as dominant as I've ever seen him.

What about you fellow Penners?
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Not surprised that Kemp is starting off hot. He has shown lots of hustle under new manager Mattingly. He will have a big year now that Torre "the superstar confidence destroyer" is gone.

I would love to be creative, but have to agree on Jamie garcia. I have him in a 16 team mixed league and I was tempted to bench him week 1, but decided to give him a shot. Would have been happy with 6IP, 3ERs and a win. Tempted to trade him already.

Comment

I think Howie Kendrick leading MLB with 3 HRs is pretty unexpected. Not sure if this power surge will continue but sure am happy to have rostered him.

Comment

Originally posted by primetime View Post
        Not surprised that Kemp is starting off hot. He has shown lots of hustle under new manager Mattingly. He will have a big year now that Torre "the superstar confidence destroyer" is gone.
        Yeah I agree on Kemp, he came into camp in great shape, slim and fit. He is primed for the year many expected in 2010.
        Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Hard to say after 3 games. I will wait for a much larger sample size like 7 days.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
            I think Howie Kendrick leading MLB with 3 HRs is pretty unexpected. Not sure if this power surge will continue but sure am happy to have rostered him.
            Wind was really blowing out yesterday in KC - that helps

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
              Wind was really blowing out yesterday in KC - that helps
              When the wind blows at KC, it doesn't mess around. You are likely to lose the dog along with the wrapper.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

The Pirates Kevin Correia 2-0 with a 1.38 era in his first two starts. Totally unexpected.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Willie Bloomquist 1 hr and 5 sb's.. I had him projected for 8 sb's all year

Comment

Working...
                  X