2015 Who Ya Got? Cano or Altuve?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2015 Who Ya Got? Cano or Altuve?

Cano 2014: .314-14-82-77r-10sb, .382 OBP, .454 SLG, 9.2% walk rate, 10.2% K rate. .335 BABIP. 22.6% LD rate.

Best K rate since 2009. First ever double-digit steals. But oh, the homers. And the runs and RBI. Stupid Mariners.

Altuve 2014: .341-7-59-85r-56sb. .377 OBP, .453 SLG. 5.1% walk rate, 7.5% K rate, .360 BABIP, 22.8% LD rate.

Not much of an OBP. Pretty terrible runs total for someone with 707 PAs.

Who would you pick first in 5x5 redraft for 2015?
    Robbie Cano, dontcha know?
    0%
    Jose Altuve, exactly 1.0 Altuves tall
    0%

gimme the SB - you would think the run total will almost certainly increase as the Astros offense matures.

Comment

I still gotta go with Cano.

Comment

Altuve...because I won't draft Cano in Round 1 or maybe even Round 2 at this point.
        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pogues View Post
          Altuve...because I won't draft Cano in Round 1 or maybe even Round 2 at this point.
          Altuve almost certainly will be a top 25 pick as well, no?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            In a lot of leagues he was a top 5 player in 2014. So yes, I'd imagine everyone who finished in the top 5 this year will be a top 25 pick next year.

In fact, ESPN has him as the #1 overall player on the player rater. Cano was 32nd.

Comment

Altuve is a top-10 pick in 2015 IMO.

Trout
              McCuctchen
              Goldschmidt
              Stanton
              Kershaw
              Abreu
              Miggy
              Brantley
              Altuve
              Felix

Wow, Victor Martinez led MLB in OPS at .974!!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I've had Cano for three years running in my OBP/SLG league, and I'll take Altuve if I can get him.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Yeah, but I bet he's still picked under Cano. And Cano is just not doing it for me anymore. I'd wait and take Altuve.

Of course, I'm probably going with your "cheap MI" idea next year, and won't draft either!
                  Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    gimme the SB - you would think the run total will almost certainly increase as the Astros offense matures.
                    Soooooo.... I was thinking about this. Other than Singleton, who is really getting appreciably better on that offense? Singleton will presumably be a bit better but I'm not convinced he's a .270/.330/.450 guy by any stretch of the imagination. They'll have a full year of Springer. Maybe Castro is a little better if he comes back. I guess if you believe that 2nd half Chris Carter is the real Chris Carter...

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      Soooooo.... I was thinking about this. Other than Singleton, who is really getting appreciably better on that offense? Singleton will presumably be a bit better but I'm not convinced he's a .270/.330/.450 guy by any stretch of the imagination. They'll have a full year of Springer. Maybe Castro is a little better if he comes back. I guess if you believe that 2nd half Chris Carter is the real Chris Carter...
                      Springer and Singleton for sure...and yeah, hopefully Chris Carter. But Springer especially.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        Springer and Singleton for sure...and yeah, hopefully Chris Carter. But Springer especially.
                        OK here's what I've got from Steamer

2B Altuve 300/343/409
                        CF Fowler 246/347/375
                        DH Carter 222/313/451
                        RF Springer 238/328/444
                        1B Singleton 217/322/391
                        C Castro 231/302/378
                        LF Marisnick 241/287/367
                        3B Dominguez 233/282/382
                        SS Villar 230/298/349

Uninspiring. Obviously there's a lot of room for improvement.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                          They don't have to get better (but it would be nice) for me to take Altuve over Cano. I like the speed. The BA probably goes down, but how much? Still should be a positive BA contributor. I do like that speed.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                            Speed is becoming less and less valuable while power is becoming more and more valuable. It's still pretty close but the allure of power, 2013 notwithstanding, is enough for me to take Cano over Altuve. Cano put up pretty amazing numbers for a MI during a down year for him.
                            I can't really argue this point to hard because I too am a power junkie. I still think elite speed with BA is harder to find than power. I know JC said it was a re-draft, but I have a hard time separating that our from my auction league. We pay for power.

Comment

Working...
                            X