Long-standing Boston-based AL-only keeper league seeking two owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long-standing Boston-based AL-only keeper league seeking two owners

Our league succeeded in finding a new owner here last year, so I thought I’d try again. We have a ten-team league that is hoping to expand to eleven teams. One of our long-time existing owners just advised he needs to leave the league for personal reasons, so we are seeking two new owners, who will participate in an expansion draft to populate their teams.

As described in the title, we are an AL-only lg based in the Boston MA area, with an in-person auction held in either the Boston area or in Manchester, NH, near the end of March… we are looking for owners who will attend the in-person auction. Cost is $150 per team… distributed 50/25/15/10 after website cost. It s a 5x5 league with these categories: AVG, OBP, HR, RBI, SB, ERA, WHIP, W, S, K. The Draft Day budget is $260. Rosters have 23 active players (14 O and 9 P), 10 reserve slots, and (new for 2024) 3 IR slots. Players in AL organization minor leagues are eligible to be placed on the 10-player reserve squad. Teams are permitted to retain 12 keepers from year to year… no farm system but a minor league player can be retained (he will occupy one of the 12 keeper slots, with salary counting against salary cap and contract status advancing). In-season position eligibility is one game. Long-term contracts are permitted (up to a two year extension after Year 2).

We use CBSSports.com. We have an increasingly active group of owners (in other words, owners have been more and more active with trades).

Please email me at [email protected] for a copy of our constitution, if interested. Thanks for looking… Jeff Brown, Commish
Working...
X