No announcement yet.

Looking for Old School Roto Junkies for a free, fun auction redraft on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I assume we're sticking with ESPN's posted rule for Ohtani?

Shohei Ohtani is eligible at SP, DH. He will appear on the roster as both a hitter and a pitcher. However, he can only be started in one position at a time. When started as a hitter in a fantasy lineup, he will accumulate batting statistics only. When started as a pitcher in a fantasy lineup, he will accumulate pitching statistics only.

Comment

Yes, we are. (Apparently you cannot post something less than five characters, so my original answer of "Yes." was insufficient.)

Comment

Looking forward to the auction, chaps. I'll give you as much time as I can :-)

Comment

Originally posted by amcg View Post
          Looking forward to the auction, chaps. I'll give you as much time as I can :-)
          I'm impressed you hung in there as long as you did!

Cavebird - Thanks for setting up the league and running the auction last night.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Add my thanks to Cavebird. Fair play.

Currently examining the dross that the magical auto-bid machine left me with. Look forward to trading :-)

Comment

Yeah, ESPN should be ashamed of their “autobid.” It was ridiculous. Everything else about their auction room was fine, but the autopilot was obviously not QC’d.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                Yeah, ESPN should be ashamed of their “autobid.” It was ridiculous. Everything else about their auction room was fine, but the autopilot was obviously not QC’d.
                Yes, absolutely. To not at least bid up to, if not over, the ESPN designated dollar value as the talent pool dwindled was absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  I was stumped by that. I subbed for a guy last year in an ESPN auction league, and autobid would consistently bid up to their figure or just one dollar below every time until roster slots were full for a specific position. This year, it was bailing at anywhere from $3-6 less.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

I gotta say I hate the ESPN site. I used to use them a lot, probably late 90s-early 00s, but not much since. It’s just awful. You have to place players on the DL first when making a claim — why? If you claim a player who replaces another, it places the new player as a reserve and not a starter — why? The color scheme of the app is cyan blue — why? The live scoring stinks. Big thumbs down.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      I gotta say I hate the ESPN site. I used to use them a lot, probably late 90s-early 00s, but not much since. It’s just awful. You have to place players on the DL first when making a claim — why? If you claim a player who replaces another, it places the new player as a reserve and not a starter — why? The color scheme of the app is cyan blue — why? The live scoring stinks. Big thumbs down.
                      Agreed. I much prefer CBSSportsline's interfaces. That said, my CBS team is performing terribly and my team in this league is doing quite well, so that makes looking at the ESPN interface much more tolerable, lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        Agreed. I much prefer CBSSportsline's interfaces. That said, my CBS team is performing terribly and my team in this league is doing quite well, so that makes looking at the ESPN interface much more tolerable, lol.
                        My team in this league is doing OK, but I thought that by making claims replacing starters, it would place the newly claimed player right in my lineup. But noooooo, I realize that I'm now left with a gaping hole because their software is not smart enough to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          It is horrible, but it does have the right price point and beats its competitor---Yahoo.

Comment

• And another thing.....on live scoring, why are my players greyed out when their game is over? I get it, the game is over, but does that mean they have to make it tougher to see?

Comment

• It doesn't do that for me. How are you accessing it?

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                                It doesn't do that for me. How are you accessing it?
                                App on the iPad.

Comment

Working...
                                X