Looking for Old School Roto Junkies for a free, fun auction redraft on ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    When are we making a call and locking in? I don't know if everyone's planning to just wing it on Wednesday night based on your encyclopedic knowledge base, but I at least want to have a few days knowing the player pool we'll be bidding on.
    Says the man who will likely bestride us like a colossus.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

All set now, e-mail to league sent.

Comment

Since I haven't done an ESPN auction, do our five reserves get bid on?

Comment

My recollection is yes. If there is something I can do to change that, I will, but I have never commished an auction on ESPN, so I do not know.

Comment

Alas, nothing I can do to change the ESPN settings for that.

Comment

We could simply NOT draft reserves using the ESPN site (or maybe just add $5 for five reserve spots)

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                Alas, nothing I can do to change the ESPN settings for that.
                Thanks for checking!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryno84MVP View Post
                  We could simply NOT draft reserves using the ESPN site (or maybe just add $5 for five reserve spots)
                  That might work. Anyone else have thoughts on this idea?

Comment

I mean the second idea---however, we would have to police people to stop them from drafting too many from a position in the auction because that would put them in reserves.

Comment

I personally prefer to play as-is. I expect by the end of a full auction I'll be too worn down to police anything.

Side question - I see this setting is set to "Yes": Allow out of Universe Stats and Trades
                      Does that mean NL player stats would count?
                      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                        I personally prefer to play as-is. I expect by the end of a full auction I'll be too worn down to police anything.

Side question - I see this setting is set to "Yes": Allow out of Universe Stats and Trades
                        Does that mean NL player stats would count?
                        Yes, I set it so that people do not get screwed on trades out of the league. I thought I mentioned that in a message to the league.

Comment

Yes, add five dollars for the reserves, with the expectation that we'll be down to $1 maximum bid by the time we've drafted our starters and it will therefore operate like a draft.

Comment

Yes, add five dollars for the reserves, with the expectation that we'll be down to $1 maximum bid by the time we've drafted our starters and it will therefore operate like a draft.
                            Works for me if cavebird is able to do that.

Comment

Right now, it looks like the ESPN site is set for 10 reserves, so we may want to make that five (plus the DL slots).

Comment

I set it for 10 reserves, but if people want only five that's fine with me. I just set 10 because that is what I am used to. As for adding the extra money for reserves and not auctioning them, there may be a fly in the ointment. One or more players may be auto-auctioning (likely amcg due to the time difference), and I don't think we'll be able to stop someone auto-auctioning from bidding on reserves. I might just add the $5 for the reserve picks to keep the auction values right, and then allow people to bid on reserves if they want to do so--not that this will likely matter, in an 11-team only league, there won't be anyone worth bidding on for reserves.

Comment

Working...
                                X