No announcement yet.

2k14: Yasiel Puig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only reason I can think of for you, Ray, to activate him now is if you want to try to eek out a few spots up in rankings. As you know, our 1st rd farm picks are constructed so that the 5th place finisher gets the # 1 overall, 6th # 2, and so on. Obviously with your 2 cornerstone guys, a $5 Dom Brown and a farm Puig you will have a better rebuild than anyone without having had to do a freakin thing, so you have that going for you.

Comment

I know it's right to leave Puig in my minors, and to activate him only if/when he exceeds the rookie limit, BUT do you have any idea how difficult it is to leave him there when he's raking like this, and when I have to play one from among Kurt Suzuki, Scooter Gennett, Brandon Inge, or Laynce Nix instead??
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        Listening to XM's Fantasy Baseball this morning, they said Mattingly said Puig is here to stay, but I can't find any online confirmation of that. It would be hard to believe he could get sent down. Hell, send Ethier down!
        The Dodgers sold more Puig merchandise in four days than they have of any other player in their history.

Comment

Obviously a small sample size, but is it amazing to anyone else that after 50 PAs, he's hitting close to .500, just like he did in Spring Training? A 2-for-3 today puts him at .478 so far. Unreal. The Dodgers better find a way to keep him in the lineup when Kemp & Crawford return, even if it means sitting one of them every day until a spot opens up.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            The Dodgers sold more Puig merchandise in four days than they have of any other player in their history.
            I guess the 66 jersey is his permanent number. I originally thought that was his temporary number. Numbers that high used to mean you weren't staying in the majors for long.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

66 is a distinctive number, so I can see why he would want it.

Willie McGee kept 51, his ST number when he was first invited, as a reminder that he was always in jeopardy of being sent back to the minors if he didn't play well.
              Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
              We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I guess the 66 jersey is his permanent number. I originally thought that was his temporary number. Numbers that high used to mean you weren't staying in the majors for long.
                That's mostly a spring training thing since guys normally keep their numbers going into the season (so the scrubs don't get first choice). Don't know if Puig used 66 in ST, but he could've picked any available number once he got called up.

Comment

considering a trade in a casual no-money league. 5x5 head-to-head using OPS, can only keep two players per year drafted 5th round or later or picked up in-season, 10-team mixed. I had some issues with many of my hitting picks (Heyward, BJ Upton, Ike Davis, Reyes, Weeks, etc) and all of my pitchers have worked out (Darvish, Scherzer, Miller, Corbin, Samardzija, Moore until recently). Is Darvish for Puig just absurd as a buy-high? It helps that nobody else in the league seems to have picked up on the idea of streaming two-start pitchers so I think I can do that pretty much for free -- I picked up Gee this week for $1 in a league with $1000 FAAB budgets.

We use four outfielders and two util, God knows why (I'd care more about the weirdness of the rules in this league if it was for money or not with friends). My current players in those slots are Heyward, Willingham, Blanks, Carter, Weeks, and Aoki, with Morse and Berkman on the bench and Moreland, Hart, and Reyes on the DL.
                  In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                    considering a trade in a casual no-money league. 5x5 head-to-head using OPS, can only keep two players per year drafted 5th round or later or picked up in-season, 10-team mixed. I had some issues with many of my hitting picks (Heyward, BJ Upton, Ike Davis, Reyes, Weeks, etc) and all of my pitchers have worked out (Darvish, Scherzer, Miller, Corbin, Samardzija, Moore until recently). Is Darvish for Puig just absurd as a buy-high? It helps that nobody else in the league seems to have picked up on the idea of streaming two-start pitchers so I think I can do that pretty much for free -- I picked up Gee this week for $1 in a league with $1000 FAAB budgets.

We use four outfielders and two util, God knows why (I'd care more about the weirdness of the rules in this league if it was for money or not with friends). My current players in those slots are Heyward, Willingham, Blanks, Carter, Weeks, and Aoki, with Morse and Berkman on the bench and Moreland, Hart, and Reyes on the DL.
                    What is Puig's keeper round value? What is Darvish's? Who are your current expected 2k14 keepers? Darvish is probably more than I'd be willing to pay for Puig regardless.

Comment

If you keep one guy it costs your 5th round pick; if you keep two guys it costs your fifth and sixth. Right now I'd expect my keepers to be two out of Darvish, Miller, and Scherzer unless Nick Franklin turns out to be amazing.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't keep Puig over Scherzer, Darvish or Shelby Miller, that's for sure.

Comment

He's had multiple hits in 10 of his 13 starts. Wow. I'm starting to wonder if any rookie came up and was hotter than this.

Comment

Another homer....and the legend grows

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              Another homer....and the legend grows
                              Yeah, this is getting ridiculous.

He almost has better counting stats in 60 PAs as Ethier has in 260 PAs. Unreal.
                              Last edited by revo; 06-20-2013, 09:35 PM.

Comment

#7 leaves the yard tonight.....still hitting .432. Maybe a sub-.400 BA sucks in Cuba?

Comment

Working...
                                X