*** VD 15 Commentary Thread ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    For next draft, I'm going to post a list of players that, while I'm not drafting them then and there, I am forbidding others to take them. That will make this a lot easier.
    Excellent plan! I want to start now, and retroactively put Sweeney on my list.

Comment

• Not sure about the Brock pick, and couldnt figure out the year.
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• He picked Mike's Weenie.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          He picked Mike's Weenie.
          Name dropper! He took Charlie's Weenie.

Comment

• "After five effective innings, Bancroft signaled for the team captain Joe Start to make a pitching change. Sweeney refused to budge and continued to pitch for another two innings. Before the start of the eighth inning, Bancroft insisted that Sweeney vacate the pitcher's box and move to right field. Possibly still drunk, as well as the prevailing sentiment of 1880s baseball being that finishing a game a pitcher started was a question of manhood, Sweeney flatly refused. When Bancroft threatened the pitcher with a $50 fine, Sweeney told him to take his fine and the rest of his salary, promptly quitting. Sweeney spent the rest of the game watching from the field in street clothes and left with two women, presumably prostitutes."

Yep, sounds right up DMT's alley

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
              "After five effective innings, Bancroft signaled for the team captain Joe Start to make a pitching change. Sweeney refused to budge and continued to pitch for another two innings. Before the start of the eighth inning, Bancroft insisted that Sweeney vacate the pitcher's box and move to right field. Possibly still drunk, as well as the prevailing sentiment of 1880s baseball being that finishing a game a pitcher started was a question of manhood, Sweeney flatly refused. When Bancroft threatened the pitcher with a $50 fine, Sweeney told him to take his fine and the rest of his salary, promptly quitting. Sweeney spent the rest of the game watching from the field in street clothes and left with two women, presumably prostitutes."

Yep, sounds right up DMT's alley
              Yes!!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                Yes!!
                Extra perfect that that happened during the season you designated his BY.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmaeroff View Post
                  Extra perfect that that happened during the season you designated his BY.
                  Well that season was his career

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Name dropper! He took Charlie's Weenie.
                    Crap!
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Lube Rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Not sure about the Brock pick, and couldnt figure out the year.
                        It was a good pick, as far as it goes using a wild card. I hesitated on Frisch for a while because I wanted Brock's steals, but my positional issues made me decide I couldn't really grab Brock anyway. Figuring out a year for him is a mess. Given what you have left blowing a good franchise and a wild card on him, it's a fascinating pick. After I borrow it for a couple of rounds, we can have heyelander deliver Hacko's shit buffet to you for the rest of the draft. But hey, you have a massive lead; it will be fun to see what happens to it when your QIZ x2, OVE, and ugly franchise picks hit the board. Then again, I have some fun like that coming up, too, and my team is already a mess.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          It was a good pick, as far as it goes using a wild card. I hesitated on Frisch for a while because I wanted Brock's steals, but my positional issues made me decide I couldn't really grab Brock anyway. Figuring out a year for him is a mess. Given what you have left blowing a good franchise and a wild card on him, it's a fascinating pick. After I borrow it for a couple of rounds, we can have heyelander deliver Hacko's shit buffet to you for the rest of the draft. But hey, you have a massive lead; it will be fun to see what happens to it when your QIZ x2, OVE, and ugly franchise picks hit the board. Then again, I have some fun like that coming up, too, and my team is already a mess.
                          I already picked V E N , just got O left
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                            I already picked V E N , just got O left
                            Oh, got that all messed up. But you do have A, F, and T, which can get tricky. But fair enough. Not sure why you are so far ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Oh, got that all messed up. But you do have A, F, and T, which can get tricky. But fair enough. Not sure why you are so far ahead.
                              I dont think i am, dont think i was even in the lead to start the round
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Anybody got any of that sweet spreadsheet code to get a brother up to date?

Comment

Working...
                                X