Whitney Houston passed away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitney Houston passed away

Wow. I was hoping she would have gotten it together after moving on from Bobby. Not my music, but she was extremely talented.
    Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Sorry to hear. Amazing voice. I don't know if Bobby was what sent her spinning off into the sun, but he certainly helped.

I just watched "The Bodyguard" the other night. Sort of a guilty pleasure.

Comment

she dated randall cunningham for a bit before bobby brown. I've heard teammates of randall's on the radio say that while everyone was saying "what were you thinking whitney" when she married bobby brown, all the team was thinking "what were you thinking Bobby!?!?" I'm pretty sure she was a hot mess long before she and bobby met.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Another drug addict passes on. Too bad she couldn't beat her demons..
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I always thought her vocal talent outstripped the material she was given to sing. She had some good songs, but a little less poppy would have been awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
            a little less poppy would have been awesome.
            i thought she went for coke, not opium
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

i think i would go with "extremely gifted" over "extremely talented." she was a singer, not an artist. she had a great voice, but she never did anything interesting with it creatively speaking. then she pissed away her gift on crack. i'm not sure where this ranks on the tragedy scale. is it tragic when someone who has everything going for them throws it all away to get high? is it tragic when someone who has every resource to overcome an addiction gives into it instead? i guess so.
              ~ all in all is all we are ~

kc

Comment

I picked the wrong addicts for my dead pool team, but it's early.....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                  Way better than seeing her on her Rolling Stones-esque 90th reunion tour or becoming a judge on American Idol.
                  Not so sure dying as a result of drug abuse is better than being on tour when you are in your late 60's. I'll give you the thing about becoming an American Idol judge, however.
                  “Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.”
                  -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Yes, being dead at 48 is preferable to being alive and trying to cash in lamely on your past accomplishments. Sheesh.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

one of the most amazing voices humanity has ever heard.
                      she had a great voice, but this is carrying it a bit far.
                      "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Originally posted by Wonderboy View Post
                        Not so sure dying as a result of drug abuse is better than being on tour when you are in your late 60's. I'll give you the thing about becoming an American Idol judge, however.
                        You guys make it seem that touring in your 60's is not fun and profitable. I am sure that some "have to do it" for the money. Maybe some just do it because they love it.

I would love to be a judge on American Idol. I think it would be very interesting and fun.

Comment

Originally posted by bryanbutler View Post
                          she had a great voice, but this is carrying it a bit far.
                          I own no Houston music. I still think she had one of the best female voices in history. I would challenge you to name 10 better.

Comment

Way better to burn out than to fade away. Again, just my opinion.
                            Do you share that opinion with regards to your own life or just entertainers? Is this what you plan to tell your child? Just curious.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Way better to burn out than to fade away. Again, just my opinion.
                              There is much to learn and do in later life than to worry about fading away in an industry that both builds up and tears down.

Now I am not in the industry and I may not be as cool as I once was. But to my almost 1 year old grandson I am the coolest guy on the planet. That is easily enough reason to be grateful that I did not burn out. And Lord knows I am blessed to not have burned out.

Comment

Working...
                              X