Donald Trump and Russia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump and Russia...

With his totally off the wall press conference today, It's finally time to delve into this issue with a little detail. Various links have been posted to articles which detail Trumps efforts to get into Russia, and/or secure Russian money. We have pretty good information that the DNC email hacks were done by the Russians, almost certainly with Putin's consent. And today, the real head slapper, Trump actually came out and said that the Russians should hack emails from the Clinton campaign. Yes, telling a foreign power to go ahead and do dirty tricks to his opponent.

John Sullivan HRC's chief foreign policy advisor had this to say:
    This has to be the first time a major Presidential candidate has actively encouraged a foreign power to conduct espionage against his political opponent.
    The mind literally reels that people can defend this guy, and actually contemplate voting for him.

Oh yeah, he also said today that he's NOT going to release his tax returns...and he told a female reporter to be quiet. Sigh...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
    With his totally off the wall press conference today, It's finally time to delve into this issue with a little detail. Various links have been posted to articles which detail Trumps efforts to get into Russia, and/or secure Russian money. We have pretty good information that the DNC email hacks were done by the Russians, almost certainly with Putin's consent. And today, the real head slapper, Trump actually came out and said that the Russians should hack emails from the Clinton campaign. Yes, telling a foreign power to go ahead and do dirty tricks to his opponent.

John Sullivan HRC's chief foreign policy advisor had this to say:

The mind literally reels that people can defend this guy, and actually contemplate voting for him.

Oh yeah, he also said today that he's NOT going to release his tax returns...and he told a female reporter to be quiet. Sigh...
    It's really starting to piss me off.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Gotta love allowing other nations to influence our elections.

Whether it's espionage or donations it is wrong on many, many levels.

Trump is exposing the very dirty side of politics.

Of course, the emails only helped him when Hillary decided to have the vanquished DNC Chair immediately ascend to an honorary chairpersonship on her campaign.

These two candidates are really trying to out dumb the other.
      "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
      - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
      - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Agreed! How tone deaf do you have to be to make DWS your honorary chair?

Nope we didnt rig it. No we acted fairly and impartially... Weeelllll, I think I will resign now and go head the campaign (which is essentially what I was doing before).
        It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
        Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Do you guys know what the honorary chair does? Nothing. They do nothing. Do you think Eva Longoria had anything to do with Obama's victory when she was an honorary chair member for his campaign? It is a title only appointment to help a friend. Was it the smartest move politically? No. But the fact of the matter is that they are friends and she helped a friend out in a time of need. I guess compassion and empathy are bad traits to have. And I've always been a Bernie supporter.

Also, ITC, the thing Trump is exposing is how dirty he is. He does way beyond dirty politics. He's just a dirty scumbag.

But why do I get myself sucked into these? I need to keep to myself.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by baldgriff View Post
            Agreed! How tone deaf do you have to be to make DWS your honorary chair?

Nope we didnt rig it. No we acted fairly and impartially... Weeelllll, I think I will resign now and go head the campaign (which is essentially what I was doing before).
            DWS essentially said "pay me or I talk."
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
              DWS essentially said "pay me or I talk."
              Pretty sure that there is no salary that goes along with an honorary chair...

Within minutes of the announcement that Debbie Wasserman Schultz was resigning her position as chair of the DNC, the meme started circulating: Wasserman Schultz wasn't fired, she got “promoted.” The folks pushing this idea point to a statement from...

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                Do you guys know what the honorary chair does? Nothing. They do nothing. Do you think Eva Longoria had anything to do with Obama's victory when she was an honorary chair member for his campaign? It is a title only appointment to help a friend. Was it the smartest move politically? No. But the fact of the matter is that they are friends and she helped a friend out in a time of need. I guess compassion and empathy are bad traits to have. And I've always been a Bernie supporter.

Also, ITC, the thing Trump is exposing is how dirty he is. He does way beyond dirty politics. He's just a dirty scumbag.

I guarantee that DWS is doing more than nothing. And even if she does nothing, DWS has been found to be colluding with the HRC campaign to direct the nomination process. So its still a slap in the face to the Berners - whether she is being "paid" or not.
                It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Before I posted I thought the exact same thing.

I mourn for our nation.

I hate the "Four more Years for Obama" memes, but I would gladly take him over these two idiots for 8 more years.

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.

Comment

I have an idea - give someone else a shot.

#FeeltheJohnson

Comment

Pretty sure that there is no salary that goes along with an honorary chair...

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/7...ary-s-campaign
                      yuk, cant get myself to go to that website... Maybe I can double bag my browser before going in.

But I'd be surprised if DWS is getting no compensation in any form from the Clinton campaign. The timing was just so strange.
                      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

It wasn't the smartest political move but I don't see it as a big conspiracy thing.

The fact that you won't click on a link because it's a site that doesn't support your political view is everything that wrong with America right now. If a Democrat told you that water was wet you'd probably disagree. Sad.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Perhaps Putin just hates Hillary

I think he genuinely believes that she was trying to meddle in his election and therefore he thinks he can do what he is doing now," if Russia is conclusively tied to the DNC hack, said Evelyn Farkas, who was the Pentagon's top official overseeing military relations with Russia until last September. "It's another example of Russia saying they don't have to abide by the rules, and that they can directly influence elections" in the United States.
                          http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...linton-n617236

Comment

It wasn't the smartest political move but I don't see it as a big conspiracy thing.

The fact that you won't click on a link because it's a site that doesn't support your political view is everything that wrong with America right now. If a Democrat told you that water was wet you'd probably disagree. Sad.
                            Bullshit, you'd say the same thing if he linked to FOX News. The fact that people get news from obviously slanted websites is what's wrong with America today.

Comment

Putin has been courting the far right all across Europe, attempting to destabilize the EU and NATO. It's not surprise to me that he has his hands all over Trump. It fits his MO. Considering how obvious it is now that he has these connections, it's unbelievable that all these people who have been saying things about Obama like "hang him for high treason" are supporting this stooge. How long until Trump literally shoots someone in the street? Is there ANYTHING this jackass can do that will lose him any votes??? I just can't deal with these idiot supporters anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X