No announcement yet.

2K24: Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers 3B prospect Josh Jung underwent surgery Wednesday to repair a torn labrum in his left shoulder and is expected to require around six months of rest and rehab. Jung suffered the labrum tear earlier this month while lifting weights. See you in 2023.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Rangers approached Kyle Seager about coming out of retirement to join his brother in the team's infield, but they were turned down.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Man has Martin Perez been a pleasant surprise this year. Another sterling performance tonite: 7.0 IP, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 H (all singles), 5 K and another win. Didnt pay a dime for him. Thought I'd take a flyer on him in the reserve rounds and man has it paid off. Currently, he is my most valuable player on a 1st place team that has Vlad, Lindor, Bogaerts, Edman, J-Rod etc. Earning the equivalent of $46 (!!).

Can he keep it up? He's never been a hi-K guy and isnt this year either. He isnt a fireballer but his FB is at least around league avg at 93.0 mph. He is throwing his sinker more often this year and his GB rate is way above league avg at 55.8%. His ERA is way below his SIERA/XFIP (1.60 to 3.71/3.63 before tonite). So it does appear that he's more effective this year but also that he cant continue performing at nearly this level. I'm buying that he's now a somewhat above avg SP and definitely a potential keeper for next year at the equivalent of $4. Hope I'm right.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
          Man has Martin Perez been a pleasant surprise this year. Another sterling performance tonite: 7.0 IP, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 H (all singles), 5 K and another win. Didnt pay a dime for him. Thought I'd take a flyer on him in the reserve rounds and man has it paid off. Currently, he is my most valuable player on a 1st place team that has Vlad, Lindor, Bogaerts, Edman, J-Rod etc. Earning the equivalent of $46 (!!).

Can he keep it up? He's never been a hi-K guy and isnt this year either. He isnt a fireballer but his FB is at least around league avg at 93.0 mph. He is throwing his sinker more often this year and his GB rate is way above league avg at 55.8%. His ERA is way below his SIERA/XFIP (1.60 to 3.71/3.63 before tonite). So it does appear that he's more effective this year but also that he cant continue performing at nearly this level. I'm buying that he's now a somewhat above avg SP and definitely a potential keeper for next year at the equivalent of $4. Hope I'm right.
          As someone who has multiple shares of him at $1 I hope so too.
          If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
          Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• I dont know about keeper - I would not treat him as one in trades. If we get to the end of the year and he has kept it up, maybe we consider him a very low end one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I dont know about keeper - I would not treat him as one in trades. If we get to the end of the year and he has kept it up, maybe we consider him a very low end one.
              Oh yeah, definitely potential keeper. He's not someone that you could get equal value for in a trade because he's never performed like this before so trade partners will be skeptical that he can keep it up. He wont continue performing at a $46 level but I can see maybe $20 value at the end of the year. That would be a no-brainer keeper at a $4 salary. We'll see at the end of the year but at this pt I think his performance is part randomness but part real.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                Oh yeah, definitely potential keeper. He's not someone that you could get equal value for in a trade because he's never performed like this before so trade partners will be skeptical that he can keep it up. He wont continue performing at a $46 level but I can see maybe $20 value at the end of the year. That would be a no-brainer keeper at a $4 salary. We'll see at the end of the year but at this pt I think his performance is part randomness but part real.
                I think somewhere around $7-$10 is likely where he ends up in my opinion. $20 is still toward the high end of projections, possible, but not likely in my opinion. The 0.0% HR/FB and .254 babip both have some regression coming.

Comment

• I have Josh Smith on my farm. What does the pen think of PT going forward? His competition is Ibanez and Miller when he comes back off the DL.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    I have Josh Smith on my farm. What does the pen think of PT going forward? His competition is Ibanez and Miller when he comes back off the DL.
                    If he keeps hitting .600 he'll keep his job.

Comment

If he keeps hitting .600 he'll keep his job.
                      We need a Captain Obvious Gif.....
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                        well that's not too tough

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          well that's not too tough

I still have no idea how to post pics, it's only been 20 years...

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

haha yeah I know I was being too silly.

Really though if Josh Smith keeps playing well I think the job is his until Jung is back, and I'm not sure Jung is doing more than DH before September, so we might as well treat him as out for the year for these purposes. It all comes down to whether Smith can make a clean transition to mlb pitching. Unfortunately that's a bit of a crapshoot, some prospects do, some dont.

Comment

haha yeah I know I was being too silly.

Really though if Josh Smith keeps playing well I think the job is his until Jung is back, and I'm not sure Jung is doing more than DH before September, so we might as well treat him as out for the year for these purposes. It all comes down to whether Smith can make a clean transition to mlb pitching. Unfortunately that's a bit of a crapshoot, some prospects do, some dont.
                              And if he hits .600.

Comment

I still have no idea how to post pics, it's only been 20 years...
                                Go to google, click images, search for your image, click one you like

Right click the image, select copy image address

Now you have the image address in your clipboard. Go to your post in RJ, click the "image" icon, make sure you are on the "from url" tab, paste in your url from the clipboard (ctrl v), unselect the checkbox (retrieve file blah blah), push OK

vBulletin (RJ forum software) then creates an "IMG" tag with the url in it and includes it in your post:

Comment

Working...
                                X