Soto A Padre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    The door of "it's just business" swings both ways. Hosmer is in the drivers seat ish.
    No chance he nixes the deal--With the fact he can nix this version of the deal being public, if he did--he'd become the most reviled person in San Diego sports since Spanos.
    If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
      No chance he nixes the deal--With the fact he can nix this version of the deal being public, if he did--he'd become the most reviled person in San Diego sports since Spanos.
      hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        hmmmm
        LMAO, exactly!
        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

hmmmm
          Ha. Shouldnt be more than 39 million or Padres cut him
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          ---------------------------------------------
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

If Bowden is correct, then they can just put Wil Myers into the deal instead. He is owed 22 mil this year vs. Hosmer's 21. Unless I dont understand how this all works, which is totally possible.

Comment

This is an amazing haul for the Nats...5 top of the line prospect, Susana being the least known, but a big time riser. Great deal for both teams, IMO.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Hosmer out of the deal

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Hosmer out of the deal
                  I wonder if that means Bell is out too.

Comment

I wonder if that means Bell is out too.
                    It's going to happen with or without him. If he has indeed rejected the deal it only means he'll be going to another team either through trade or DFA.

His days as a Padre are over.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

It's going to happen with or without him. If he has indeed rejected the deal it only means he'll be going to another team either through trade or DFA.

His days as a Padre are over.
                      This might be interesting...adding a third team:

Comment

My guess is either to NYY for Gallo or in a deal with the Cubs for Contreras.
                        Another prospect is gonna have to go too.

Comment

the Gallo option makes a lot of sense - and Hosmer wouldn't nix that (I don't think)
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                            the Gallo option makes a lot of sense - and Hosmer wouldn't nix that (I don't think)
                            But the Yanks would -- Gallo is a FA at the end of the year while Hosmer is owed $39m over the next three years and would be a PH

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                              I can't find Hosmer's list of 10 teams that he can block trades to. Does anyone have a resource that lists those facts?

But yeah, Gallo makes the most sense.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Working...
                              X