No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago White Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any thoughts on when/if Yoelqui Cespedes will be called up this season? I do really like him in that lineup long term.

I have him as a minor league keeper and have to decide between keeping him or one of the following players on my reserve roster:

Yoelqui
    Blaze Jordon
    Justin Foscue
    DL Hall
    Emmerson Hancock

I think Yoelqui is the obvious choice to keep, but wanted to see if anyone else would care to comment.

Comment

• Doesn't seem like he's on the verge of getting called up - https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/spor...-camp/2794563/

I'm not sure I'd be keeping Yoelqui out of your group. Is he even top 100 anywhere? Some pretty big holes in his game.
      More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
        Doesn't seem like he's on the verge of getting called up - https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/spor...-camp/2794563/

I'm not sure I'd be keeping Yoelqui out of your group. Is he even top 100 anywhere? Some pretty big holes in his game.
        Sox have Robert, Jimenez, pollock....not sure he is likely to be called up or play this year
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        ---------------------------------------------
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          Doesn't seem like he's on the verge of getting called up - https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/spor...-camp/2794563/

Thanks for the info Bene.... who would you replace him with anyone else on my list?

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
            Thanks for the info Bene.... who would you replace him with anyone else on my list?
            I think I like Hall best of that group. Good deal of risk with him, though, too, but damn that K potential is looking sweet! He's #27 on Fangraphs' top 100.
            More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Don't forget Micker Aldolfo--The kid's out of options and has had a solid if not very good spring.
              If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
              Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

• Eloy Jimenez out at least 6-8 weeks with a badly strained hammy

Comment

• I have not chosen right on Eloy...EVER!!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Eloy Jimenez out at least 6-8 weeks with a badly strained hammy
                    He is held in such high esteem in my league--it is shocking the offers made for him and turned down--before and after he was given a max extension. I have never understood it. I had him in the minors and traded him for a title. I got the hype then, but since a glorious rookie year, he has been totally snake bit. I get the talent is still there, which makes him a great sleeper, but some folks keep paying for the ceiling.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-24-2022, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      He is held in such high esteem in my league--it is shocking the offers made for him and turned down--before and after he was given a max extension. I have never understood it. I had him in the minors and traded him for a title. I got the hype then, but since a glorious rookie year, he has been totally snake bit. I get the talent is still there, which makes him a great sleeper, but some folks keep paying for the ceiling.
                      I am playing him out on a 20X contract AL only.

I traded for him and his low contract last year.

Comment

• They need to cut Keuchel.

Comment

• From RW:

White Sox designated LHP Dallas Keuchel for assignment.
                          Wow. Keuchel has been pummeled for a whopping 12 runs over six innings in his last two starts and holds an astronomical 7.59 ERA, 2.16 WHIP and 20/20 K/BB ratio across 32 innings (eight starts) this season. The 34-year-old left-hander was in the final season of a three-year, $55.5 million contract with the White Sox. He'll likely pass through waivers unclaimed and wind up testing the free agent waters.

Comment

• Eloy Jiménez (hamstring) exited his first rehab game for Triple-A Charlotte with right leg soreness.

After reaching first base with a single, Jiménez motioned to the team's trainers and took himself out of the game. Jiménez has been out since undergoing surgery in April to repair a torn hamstring tendon and was on track to return to the White Sox in mid-June.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Giolito making a solid run at worst draft pick of 2022 (non injured i guess). This guy just sucks and I really cant figure out why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Giolito making a solid run at worst draft pick of 2022 (non injured i guess). This guy just sucks and I really cant figure out why.
                                Giolito vs. Trevor Rogers. Duel at dawn from 60 ft. apart. Each gets a bucket of balls. First one to even hit the other one wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X