No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't knw how this one slipped by me as I am a fan of the genre. I watched Universal's 1933 The Invisible Man starring Claude Rains. Mrs. Gregg and our Grandson joined me. We all three enjoyed it very much.

The special effects for the time were spectacular. The filming was excellent. Boris Karloff was originally slated for this movie but something got in the way. Claude Rains was cast and was fantastic. As much of a Karloff fan as I am I cannot imagine he could have matched Rains much less outperformed him.

Exceelent Movie indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      The new Spiderman movie was awesome!!!! Best one yet.
      I had high hopes for "Spider-Man No Way Home," but after watching it yesterday i was greatly disappointed. I don't mind a little bit of CGI, but when a movie is dependent upon it like this one....ugh. But then again, all of the Marvel movies seem to be trending this way. At times i felt like i was watching a Nickelodeon production with the three main heroes being the teenagers and all of the villains being the middle aged men. And having three different Spider-Man characters from three different universes (movie eras) in the same movie was a little over the top. Then the ending morphed into a sappy Hallmark Channel movie. I don't think i will be re-watching this one.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        I don't knw how this one slipped by me as I am a fan of the genre. I watched Universal's 1933 The Invisible Man starring Claude Rains. Mrs. Gregg and our Grandson joined me. We all three enjoyed it very much.

The special effects for the time were spectacular. The filming was excellent. Boris Karloff was originally slated for this movie but something got in the way. Claude Rains was cast and was fantastic. As much of a Karloff fan as I am I cannot imagine he could have matched Rains much less outperformed him.

Exceelent Movie indeed.
        I'm shocked that you missed that one. It's one of the best among the Universal classic monster movies. Better late than never.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I'm shocked that you missed that one. It's one of the best among the Universal classic monster movies. Better late than never.
          Right!? Me too.

It is better late than never. I was glad to hear from my daughter (Grandson's aunt) that they he brought up the movie to her yesterday at Easter. He said it was great and he likes it when Gma and Papa introduce him to old time movies.

Comment

• Mrs. Gregg came across a 2009 Thriller, Mystery, Horror gem of a movie titled Triangle.

I figured it to be one of those simple jumpy movies that I get a kick out of. It was so much more. Lots of action, suspense and yes some jumpy moments. I really enjoyed some of the twists and turns. At first I thought the acting was just ok but as the film went on it got better. In hindsight it was excellent and fit in with the plot.

We really enjoyed it and the discussion we had after it as well.

Comment

Mrs. Gregg came across a 2009 Thriller, Mystery, Horror gem of a movie titled Triangle.
              I understand they really got the hypotenuse machine going behind this movie.
              “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                I understand they really got the hypotenuse machine going behind this movie.
                what acute pun.
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  what acute pun.
                  Right?

Comment

Right?
                    No, less than right. That kind of post is verging on obtuse.

Comment

• I thought it was shocking in how much I saw sleaze.
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                        There's always an angle with that guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                          There's always an angle with that guy.
                          You're right to some degree. He thinks he's edgy, but he's not. It's a slippery slope though, you start arguing with him and it ends up in a long protracted battle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            I once told a woman she had acute obtuse and she kicked me right in the abacus.

Comment

I once told a woman she had acute obtuse and she kicked me right in the abacus.
                              Good one!

Comment

Good one!
                                Thank you sir.

Comment

Working...
                                X