2k23 Offseason Transactions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <p>
    Brandon Belt to the Blue Jays...I like it. Finally out of SF. Sneaky good deep play imo. Should get plenty of AB as a lefty there.</p>

Comment

• Johnny Cueto to Miami…there must be a big pitching trade coming soon

Comment

• San Diego signs Nelson Cruz to a 1-yr deal

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          A little insider info: Rojas called a team meeting last year and basically called out the "younger players" on the team for their attitudes and specifically called out Jazz Chisholm Jr. due to alleged jealousy. This understandably didnt sit well with a lot of the players who sided with Jazz. Read more: https://marlinmaniac.com/2022/06/13/74435 Time will heal wounds, but I believe this move paves the way for Miami to simply dump Rojas even if it means pennies on the dollar. I guarantee there are teams that would be happy to take a defense-first SS like him, and the Red Sox were rumored to have asked about him earlier this winter.
          Miguel Rojas to the Dodgers for SS prospect Jacob Amaya is "close" according to Craig Mish. I told you Rojas was as good as gone.
          I think this moves Chris Taylor back to the OF for the Dodgers with Lux at 2B

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            Corey Kluber to the Red Sox

Red Sox sign Corey Kluber for 1 year/$10 million plus an $11 million club option for 2024.
            Last edited by madducks; 01-14-2023, 12:33 AM.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Andrew McCutchen back to the Bucs

Comment

Andrew McCutchen back to the Bucs
                That should sell some more tickets and jerseys. And I will be expecting a bobblehead too. I know he's not MVP Cutch anymore but still glad to see him back in Pittsburgh for whatever he can contribute.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Andrew McCutchen back to the Bucs
                  For 1 year/$5 million.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Padres and OF Juan Soto avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $23 million contract. Soto has one more year of arbitration eligibility before he hits free agency in 2025.

The Padres also avoided arbitration with RP Josh Hader by agreeing to a one-year, $14.1 million contract. Hader hits free agency in 2024.

And the Padres sign 42 year-old DH Nelson Cruz for 1 year/$1 million.
                    Last edited by madducks; 01-14-2023, 10:36 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The Mets and 1B Pete Alonso avoided arbitration by agreeing to a one-year, $14.5 million contract.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cubs signed Trey Mancini to a 2yr deal

Comment

• Adam Duuuuvaaaaall to the Red Sox

Comment

• Tommy Pham to the Mets, 1yr $6m

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman to the Royals. Scott Barlow people everywhere just barfed a tad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                Aroldis Chapman to the Royals. Scott Barlow people everywhere just barfed a tad.
                                Gonna rant a second for the Barlow family. The Royals have a great, blossoming relief pitcher who posted back-to-back stellar seasons and was following a progression that was likely going to culminate as a top 10 closer as a 30-year-old in 2023. So sure, they go sign a has-been POS who walked 17++% of every batter he faced last year to stunt that progression. What an amazing organization. Barlow family, signing off.

Comment

Working...
                                X