No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Judge batting leadoff again. Whatever.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Judge w #s 56 and 57 tonite. He is ahead of both Ruth's pace and Maris' pace. This is game #142 for Judge. Maris hit #57 in game #151. Ruth hit #57 in game #152 in a 155-G season.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
        Judge w #s 56 and 57 tonite. He is ahead of both Ruth's pace and Maris' pace. This is game #142 for Judge. Maris hit #57 in game #151. Ruth hit #57 in game #152 in a 155-G season.
        The HR's get all the press, but his second half walk rate is approaching Bonds-like levels. His GB rate in the second half is way down compared to the first, and he's hitting more line drives and fly balls - and his HR/FB rate is over 39%. He's hitting over .360 in the second half so far. And he's doing all this in a park that's not exactly noted for being friendly to right handed hitters.

And that sound you hear in the background? That's the sound of gazillions of dollars entering his bank account at the end of the year and the wailing of Yankees management since they didn't get a contract extension done.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          The HR's get all the press, but his second half walk rate is approaching Bonds-like levels.
          Geez, I knew he was having a great season but you are right, it's at Bonds levels in the 2nd half, which is a different stratosphere from great. He's hitting .363/.500/.836 in the 2nd half which is very similar to Bonds' peak 2001-2004 numbers (.349/.559/.809), and something we have not seen since then.

Comment

• The 55/15 club:

Babe Ruth
            Ken Griffey Jr.
            Sammy Sosa
            Aaron Judge

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              The 55/15 club:

Babe Ruth
              Ken Griffey Jr.
              Sammy Sosa
              Aaron Judge
              I thought you didn't like round numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                5 is an odd number

Comment

The 55/15 club:

Babe Ruth
                  Ken Griffey Jr.
                  Sammy Sosa
                  Aaron Judge
                  Surprised to see the Babe with 15+ SB. Looked up his stats and see he had 123 SB in his career!

Comment

• Aaron Judge with home runs #58 and #59 today with 16 more games to go. The $48 that I paid for him has turned into a steal.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Aaron Judge with home runs #58 and #59 today with 16 more games to go. The $48 that I paid for him has turned into a steal.
                      He's keeping me in it in the JBL league (Ohtani too)
                      If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                      Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

The 59/16 club:

Babe Ruth
                        Sammy Sosa
                        Aaron Judge

Comment

• Aaron Judge, who is now leading the AL in HR by 22 and in RBI by 15, is now just .001 behind Luis Arraez in BA with Xander Bogaerts sandwiched between the two. So, in addition to everything else he has done this season, Judge is also a serious threat for the AL triple crown! What a year this guy is having!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            Aaron Judge, who is now leading the AL in HR by 22 and in RBI by 15, is now just .001 behind Luis Arraez in BA with Xander Bogaerts sandwiched between the two. So, in addition to everything else he has done this season, Judge is also a serious threat for the AL triple crown! What a year this guy is having!
                            And let's not forget he also has 16 SBs!!

Comment

And let's not forget he also has 16 SBs!!
                              I mean, that's pretty obvious since he's in the 59/16 club as posted 2 posts above...

Comment

I mean, that's pretty obvious since he's in the 59/16 club as posted 2 posts above...
                                He’s just making sure people don’t forget about it- you don’t have to get all huffy.

Comment

Working...
                                X