No announcement yet.

Exceelent TV Shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here seen Yellowstone? Did I already ask this? Is there a search function I am intentionally failing to use? Anyone seen the precursor story to Yellowstone, 18(hundred something)?
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
      Anyone here seen Yellowstone? Did I already ask this? Is there a search function I am intentionally failing to use? Anyone seen the precursor story to Yellowstone, 18(hundred something)?
      Yellowstone is awesome and 1883 was a solid prequel. Liked them both a lot.

Comment

• I watched a couple episodes of "Murderville", an improv comedy detective story dealio starring Wil Arnett and some other random celebrity who has to play along with the story and guess who the murderer is at the end. I was kind of "meh" at the episodes with one enormous exception --- the episode starring Marshawn Lynch had me rolling with laughter. Holy crap, that dude has some unbelievable comedic timing. Hilarious. The name he gives himself when posing as a high roller blackjack dealer was just awesome.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          Yellowstone is awesome and 1883 was a solid prequel. Liked them both a lot.
          I have the opportunity to get my wife to watch this - she is not often open to watching "gritty" shows or movies, so I may have to jump on this one before she has a change of heart. (I assume it's gritty, right?)

Comment

I started watching the first episode of The Wheel of Time and immediately got sucked into the "uh, this isn't how the books go" silliness. The show seems like it has some promise but I might have ruined my watching experience by reading that interminable series. Plus, none of the characters look at all like I pictured them in my mind, lol.
            They've also apparently just finished plotting out an entire Lord of the Rings series for Amazon Prime, hopefully avoiding the fate of Game of Thrones where it's kind of obvious that no one had a clue how the show was supposed to actually end. I'll give the show a shot when it comes around because I'm such a fan of the books, but we've gotten, what, 18 hours of movie time plus four books on this topic thus far? Not sure what new ground this one is going to tread.

Comment

I have the opportunity to get my wife to watch this - she is not often open to watching "gritty" shows or movies, so I may have to jump on this one before she has a change of heart. (I assume it's gritty, right?)
              Yes it is. Next up is 1932 with Harrison Ford and Helen Mirren.

Comment

• “For All Mankind” season 3 just dropped on Apple TV. Probably my favorite show in a long, long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  Stranger Things was pretty intense. It was so long since I saw the last episodes that it was kinda hard to remember. But didn't really matter too much. Looking forward to the next episodes
                  4 episodes in and really liking it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    4 episodes in and really liking it.
                    I just started re-watching with my kids (11 & 9). I was surprised my wife let them start it while I was gone, but they're enjoying it. We're on season 1 finale.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Stranger Things is about a zillion times more brutal than I remembered it being. I'm liking it a bunch so far - two episodes into season 4. Pretty crazy stuff.

Comment

• finished the final season of The Last Kingdom. Thought it did a decent job of wrapping up the story and giving a satisfying ending to the show.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Stranger Things is about a zillion times more brutal than I remembered it being. I'm liking it a bunch so far - two episodes into season 4. Pretty crazy stuff.
                          It is more brutal.

My 11 year old Grandson: Papa season 4 is much darker than the others...much darker."

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                            finished the final season of The Last Kingdom. Thought it did a decent job of wrapping up the story and giving a satisfying ending to the show.
                            Very good show overall...hated to see it end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              It is more brutal.

My 11 year old Grandson: Papa season 4 is much darker than the others...much darker."
                              I feel like tween shows do this regularly, allowing the kids who watch to grow and mature with the show.

Straight Off The Boat, The Wonder Years, Freaks and Geeks, they all kinda follow that formula, from my recollection anyway. I love having genre starter kits for my kids. Wouldn't want to throw them in the deep end without a life jacket by thinking Robocop was suitable for an 8 year old. (I forgive my dad for that one, as it rules)
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                                I feel like tween shows do this regularly, allowing the kids who watch to grow and mature with the show.

Straight Off The Boat, The Wonder Years, Freaks and Geeks, they all kinda follow that formula, from my recollection anyway. I love having genre starter kits for my kids. Wouldn't want to throw them in the deep end without a life jacket by thinking Robocop was suitable for an 8 year old. (I forgive my dad for that one, as it rules)
                                I saw it when I was 10. That scene where he gets his limbs shot off staid with me for a looong time. It was a good movie, but that one scene especially was not one I should have seen. My uncle used to make me watch lots of stuff I shouldn't have seen. I watched Evil Dead when I was 7 or 8. Now, it seems like a cheese fest. Back then, I had nightmares for weeks about trees raping people.

I try to be much more careful with my boys now, though I admit to letting them watch stuff because of peer pressure. I told my 7.5 year old he was too young for Harry Potter movies 3-7, but thought I could just let him watch the first two this year. He begged me for two months to see the third, saying his friends in 2nd grade had seen them all. I caved. He watched the whole series. Like you say, a lot of these are paced to let the audience grow with them. When those movies first came out, they came out one every year or so. Now, they are all available and it was dumb of me to think I could let him watch two and have him wait a year for the third when all his friends had suddenly got into the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X