X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haniger out 6+ weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      Yeah looks like a sample issue to me, his swinging strike rate is actually up half a percentage point this year. And he's watching called strikes 1.5% more. Neither of those support a decrease in K's. I guess he's getting 2 two strikes more but not striking out?
      26% Ks since this comment bringing his yearly average up to 11% Ks (double what it was last week). SwStr% is important.

Comment

26% Ks since this comment bringing his yearly average up to 11% Ks (double what it was last week). SwStr% is important.
        Yup, but he still appears to be primed for a career year. More BBs than Ks, the K rate is still a career low, on pace for double digit HRs, etc. I'd still trade for him now if he continues to be valued like a low-end SS.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Yup, but he still appears to be primed for a career year. More BBs than Ks, the K rate is still a career low, on pace for double digit HRs, etc. I'd still trade for him now if he continues to be valued like a low-end SS.
          Seems like you'd be buying high - the avg is mainly a sss babip number, and his ISO is double what it was last year - I don't see how that sticks. CSW is the highest he's had outside of 2018.

Feels like a sell high rather than a buy opportunity.

Comment

Seems like you'd be buying high - the avg is mainly a sss babip number, and his ISO is double what it was last year - I don't see how that sticks. CSW is the highest he's had outside of 2018.

Feels like a sell high rather than a buy opportunity.
            Let's check back in a month!

Comment

Let's check back in a month!
              For sure, but it's interesting to analyze now.

You cited the HR pace, but doesn't the 84.3mph exit velo concern you? (His lowest since 2017, and bottom 4% of the league)

For our future reference Crawford is hitting .357/.450/.595 with 4 HR and 1 SB. His current BABIP is .371 and his ISO is .238. 7.5% SWStr%, 27.1% CSW, 26% O-Swing but 12% BBs and 11%Ks.

Comment

• The Mariners sign 34-year-old Justin Upton to a one-year deal. Upton's lack of enthusiasm should be a great counter-balance to the over exuberance of Julio Rodriguez. Perhaps they can be roomies on road trips.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Speaking of Julio Rodriguez. Thanks to five 3-hit games, the 21 year-old is now slashing .342/.375/.513 during the month of May with 3 HR & 3 SB.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I really don’t understand the logic of the Upton signing. Even with Haniger out it makes no sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      I really don’t understand the logic of the Upton signing. Even with Haniger out it makes no sense to me.
                      I don't either then they sent him down and recalled Trammell and Hagerty which at least make better sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                        I don't either then they sent him down and recalled Trammell and Hagerty which at least make better sense.
                        Perhaps they are about to make a trade and need to shore up their depth? Lewis maybe? Kelenic? Interesting to think about.

Comment

• Jarred Kelenic has been blistering, going 7-for-9 with a 2B, 3B and 2 HRs in his last 2 games for Tacoma. Only a matter of time until he's recalled, so pick him up in redraft leagues if he's available.

Comment

• Julio Rodriguez now has 17 SB in 54 games.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Julio Rodriguez now has 17 SB in 54 games.
                              That's crazy. None of the projectors had anything close to what his projected SB total will be now (30-35).

Comment

That's crazy. None of the projectors had anything close to what his projected SB total will be now (30-35).
                                He has more than half of my team's total SB!

Without Rodriguez, Hader (half of my team's saves), and Judge (almost a quarter of my team's HR) my team would be a lot lower than third place.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X