No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mrs. Gregg and I watched the 2005 American neo-noir movie titled Brick. It stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt. It is a thriller who done it set in modern times but with the patter/dialog of an updated Phillip Marlow. The crime and solving of it takes place in high school. That patter combined with modern high school gives it a very interesting and fun vibe.

This was the directorial debut for Rian Johnson. He did an outstanding job on the film. Really good way to spend a cold and rainy Monday night.

Comment

• I watched the new Dr. Strange last night. Didn't really like it much, felt disjointed, bad CGI, bad acting (for anyone with young-ish kids it reminded me of shark boy and lava girl).

Then I see all the reviews were great.

What am I missing? Did I need to watch it through a total MCU fanatic lens to enjoy?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
        I watched the new Dr. Strange last night. Didn't really like it much, felt disjointed, bad CGI, bad acting (for anyone with young-ish kids it reminded me of shark boy and lava girl).

What am I missing? Did I need to watch it through a total MCU fanatic lens to enjoy?
        Interesting, I'm taking the kids tomorrow.

I thought the just completed Marvel series "Moon Knight" sucked yet it also got great reviews. And my former Marvel editor buddy (and his Marvel editor buddies) also thought it sucked. So who knows?

Comment

• The trailer looked great so glad you've given me reason to lower expectations.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I watched the new Dr. Strange last night. Didn't really like it much, felt disjointed, bad CGI, bad acting (for anyone with young-ish kids it reminded me of shark boy and lava girl).

I liked it. You definitely need an MCU lens, however. I think someone not familiar with the MCU would have no idea what was going on.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              I liked it. You definitely need an MCU lens, however. I think someone not familiar with the MCU would have no idea what was going on.
              I’m familiar with all the plot lines that were going on, but I thought the movie was terrible on its own

Comment

• Finally got to see Dr. Strange 2: Electric Boogaloo. In a word --- AWESOME! Non-stop action and just super fun across the board. Might take the kid back and watch it again on the big screen this week, lol. I came out of the theater feeling super psyched.
                More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Also watched Sonic the Hedgehog 2: Electric Boogaloo. It certainly wasn't exceelent, but it was fun for my kid and I was at least mildly amused or entertained throughout. You could certainly do worse with a young kid in tow.
                  More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Top Gun: Maverick was a helluva ride.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                      Finally got to see Dr. Strange 2: Electric Boogaloo. In a word --- AWESOME! Non-stop action and just super fun across the board. Might take the kid back and watch it again on the big screen this week, lol. I came out of the theater feeling super psyched.
                      I wasn't expecting much, but it was pretty decent. I expected it to be convoluted, but the story was easy to follow.
                      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                        I wasn't expecting much, but it was pretty decent. I expected it to be convoluted, but the story was easy to follow.
                        Yeah I almost skipped it after hearing consistently negative feedback, but I agree it was pretty decent.
                        - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                          Yeah I almost skipped it after hearing consistently negative feedback, but I agree it was pretty decent.
                          Weird, for me the positive reviews are the ones that confuse me. It's like what did I miss? Terrible acting, terrible CGI, mediocre plot, but it had Marvel characters so yay

Comment

Weird, for me the positive reviews are the ones that confuse me. It's like what did I miss? Terrible acting, terrible CGI, mediocre plot, but it had Marvel characters so yay
                            Yes, it's everyone else who is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                              Yes, it's everyone else who is wrong.
                              you're right, asking for details on why a shitty acted movie with shitty CGI is good is just an asinine thing to do. We should all just nod and smile and put up with the garbage.

Comment

you're right, asking for details on why a shitty acted movie with shitty CGI is good is just an asinine thing to do. We should all just nod and smile and put up with the garbage.

Comment

Working...
                                X