No announcement yet.

2K24: Chicago Cubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen Nelson’s report on Wednesday confirms what we heard then – that Jed Hoyer offered the former AL Rookie of the Year a seven-year pact worth more than $30 million annually. The only problem being it never got in front of Correa because of the mid-winter agency change he made, joining Boras Corporation during the lockout.

Comment

• Hoerner took Burnes deep for a 2 run HR. His 1st since 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Cubs sign David Robertson.

Sure looks like he might close?
        seems to be the case. 37 years old or something but i see nothing wrong in his statistics or not repeating. i never really noticed but he earned his chops in Yankee stadium. and if you can make it there. in my FA league i have Schwindel at 1b, Madrigal at 2b, and Wisdom at 3b. i had Villar but dropped him for Madrigal. tho it might seem like the Cubs promised Villar too much playing time. ..if you want SB from him, he's a volume guy even at his age. fuck it, maybe Madrigal may stay healthy enough to run a little. less homers but more BA and runs. plus you have to root for the young talent. i didn't even know he was traded for the one arm karate kid. that is not good for the WS. that was a stupid trade. but i like the Cubs hitting... nothing wrong with the Cubs. they are like the Boston of the Central coast. there is some pop in that lineup.

Comment

• How are the cubs like the RedSox? I don’t see it. The Sox have Devers, Bogaerts, JD Martinez, Story, Verdugo, and more. The Cubs have Baez (oh wait, they don’t) and Schwindel (who?) and Seiya Suzuki (hope he doesn’t flop).

Comment

• Suzuki looks legit.

Comment

• Schwindel demoted

Comment

• One of the few guys I had buyer's remorse on after the draft was Patrick Wisdom. I bid the equivalent of $5 on him, expecting him to go much higher but he didnt and I got him. Right now, he's looking like a bargain. Only batting .223, which was what I expected, but 10 HR, 23 RBI and 26 R. He's earning the equivalent of $26. Pretty good return on $5. Babip is a realistic .309. K% is a whopping 40.3%, which is even higher than that of Joey Gallo, but that's almost exactly what it was last year when he hit 28 HR in only 338 AB. Time will tell whether I was wise in getting Wisdom.

Comment

• His ISO last year was .287 in 338 AB and this season it .273 in 139. Lots of power but low BA. I think you got a really good deal considering that Gallo probably went for much more in most drafts. The only thing I would be worried about when he goes into a slump the Cubs have alot of movable parts but he seems to be playing full time.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    One of the few guys I had buyer's remorse on after the draft was Patrick Wisdom. I bid the equivalent of $5 on him, expecting him to go much higher but he didnt and I got him. Right now, he's looking like a bargain. Only batting .223, which was what I expected, but 10 HR, 23 RBI and 26 R. He's earning the equivalent of $26. Pretty good return on $5. Babip is a realistic .309. K% is a whopping 40.3%, which is even higher than that of Joey Gallo, but that's almost exactly what it was last year when he hit 28 HR in only 338 AB. Time will tell whether I was wise in getting Wisdom.
                    I think I read HR's are down this year (so far). He is tied for 4th in Hrs in NL only leagues. So yes you got a good deal.

I kept him at $8 and glad I did.

Comment

I think I read HR's are down this year (so far). He is tied for 4th in Hrs in NL only leagues. So yes you got a good deal.

I kept him at $8 and glad I did.
                      I'm surprised you kept him at $8 but congrats on doing so. If he keeps hitting like he has, I'll have an intriguing decision at the end of the year. I can keep him for the equivalent of about $9. So if he's still giving $26 of value then, it would seem to be a no-brainer. I doubt that that will be the case, tho. Who has ever had any sustained success in MLB w a K% of above 40%? I'd be surprised if anyone has. So if he does, it would be kind of a new precedent. He had 78 MLB ABs before last year and he turns 31 this year. It will be interesting to follow him.

Comment

I'm surprised you kept him at $8 but congrats on doing so. If he keeps hitting like he has, I'll have an intriguing decision at the end of the year. I can keep him for the equivalent of about $9. So if he's still giving $26 of value then, it would seem to be a no-brainer. I doubt that that will be the case, tho. Who has ever had any sustained success in MLB w a K% of above 40%? I'd be surprised if anyone has. So if he does, it would be kind of a new precedent. He had 78 MLB ABs before last year and he turns 31 this year. It will be interesting to follow him.
                        It's been 1.5 months since I posted this and Wisdom continues to perform about the same. In addition to the HRs, he has 6 SBs. His K-rate has "dropped" significantly to 33.8%. He's giving about $27 equivalent value in my league. In another thread, I posted that a FG article said he was the most consistent hitter in MLB this year so far. If the season ended today, he would be my last keeper.
                        Last edited by rhd; 07-10-2022, 12:03 AM.

Comment

It's been 1.5 months since I posted this and Wisdom continues to perform about the same. In addition to the HRs, he has 6 SBs. His K-rate has "dropped" significantly to 33.8%. He's giving about $27 equivalent value in my league. In another thread, I posted that a FG article said he was the most consistent hitter in MLB this year so far. If the season ended today, he would be my last keeper.
                          Glad I kept him at $8. Now I will have to decide to play him out or give him a raise next year. As it stands now probably a year to $13.

Comment

Glad I kept him at $8. Now I will have to decide to play him out or give him a raise next year. As it stands now probably a year to $13.
                            Don’t give raises to non-stars. Find the next guy.

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Cubs claim OF Franmil Reyes off waivers from the Guardians.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X