Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Chicago Bears.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official Thread for THE HISTORIC Chicago Bears.

Now that we have a QB I thought it time to move to other topics.

According to Bears insider Hub Arkush, the Bears will be retaining the services of general manager Ryan Pace. While head coach Matt Nagy will likely be gone, it seems like Pace will be back for at least another year.

At least, that’s according to what Arkush told 670 Sports. “Hub Arkush just told us @670TheScore he has ‘very good sources’ that say Ryan Pace is likely going to remain with the organization,” said 670 Sports producer Shane Riordan.

Fans weren’t exactly thrilled with the news that Pace will be sticking around for the foreseeable future.

I would think that if the GM is on borrowed time it would make it harder to attract a new coach. If Pace only makes it through 2022 season wouldn't a new GM want his own pick for Coach? This does not seem like the recipe for a successful rebuild.

As a Packers fan, I fully support Mrs. McCaskey keeping Ryan Pace. I think it's a wonderful idea.

To be fully fair, Pace did lead a very good to excellent 2021 draft. Justin Fields was their #2 QB on their board after Lawrence, and they did what they needed to get him. Tevon Jenkins has struggled so far, but I think you'll see next year if he was really a miss or not. But Borom in the fifth looks like a great pick; not an All-Pro type, but certainly a serviceable right tackle. Herbert in the sixth was excellent. And Tonga in the seventh at worst seems like a decent rotational DT, and he sure seems to have the physical talent to be better than that. And he didn't have a lot to work with in 2020, but Kmet's decent and Mooney has proven to be a steal.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Comment

The Matt Nagy-Bill Lazor tag team really ran drop-back pass calls on three 4th-and-1 situations. Their first 4th-and-short attempt was a 4-yard run. And then, when given the opportunity to do it three more times, they never went back to it. It was almost as if that the 4-yard gain working was a detriment to what the Bears were wanting to do today.

Comment

Nagy has a year left on his contract so he would have to be fired.

Pace's contract is done this year. This means they would have to resign him for him to be here next year. THERE ARE RUMORS THAT HE IS GOING TO GET A PROMOTION!?

Comment

The recent Robert Quinn quote about words and nuts is....absolutely classic.

Comment

Why do we have an "official thread" for this terrible team and none for the actual teams that matter?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Why do we have an "official thread" for this terrible team and none for the actual teams that matter?
                They are not historic enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  They are not historic enough.
                  If this were an 80's football forum you'd be onto something. On a national scale, the Bears aren't relevant anymore. Only "historic".

Comment

Nagy has a year left on his contract so he would have to be fired.

Pace's contract is done this year. This means they would have to resign him for him to be here next year. THERE ARE RUMORS THAT HE IS GOING TO GET A PROMOTION!?
                    I cannot help but wonder if Bears ownership didn't leak the story of Paces promotion just to mess with the media. There was much gnashing of teeth and foaming at the mouth the last couple of days.

Comment

If this were an 80's football forum you'd be onto something. On a national scale, the Bears aren't relevant anymore. Only "historic".
                      Yes, and that is why it is called The Historic and not The Relevant.

I do believe we will be relevant within two years.

Comment

I hope you didn't watch the Bears management press conference, Gregg.

Comment

I do believe we will be relevant within two years.
                          Hey this is a football thread, not a standup comedy thread!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            I hope you didn't watch the Bears management press conference, Gregg.
                            I listened to it on the SCORE 670.

In some ways it was better than I expected and in others more disappointing.

Moving forward a lot will depend on how much power the new GM will really have.

Comment

Hey this is a football thread, not a standup comedy thread!
                              I hope it stays football, but some of the rumors might make it lean to comedy.

There were some rumors that Sean Payton might be on the Bears radar. It would have to be via trade as Payton has two years left. BUT it is speculated that the Saints might not mind getting rid of his salary and start a rebuild. This would be my first choice.

I did just read that Doug Pederson is interviewing tomorrow. I kind of like that if Payton is off the table.

Comment

Working...
                              X