No announcement yet.

And so it has begun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House GOP conference chair Elise Stefanik: “The American people deserve to know the truth. That Nancy Pelosi bears responsibility, as speaker of the House, for the tragedy that occurred on Jan. 6.”

Gee, wonder why I shit on Republicans every chance I get? Just the fucking worst people. Liars. Sycophants.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• For all their stupid jokes about how the New York Times is Pravda, etc., the Republicans have reached Pravda levels of propaganda lying.
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        For all their stupid jokes about how the New York Times is Pravda, etc., the Republicans have reached Pravda levels of propaganda lying.
        The police officers testifying today are just annihilating the seditionist Republicans and their lies. "Law and order" and "blue lives matter" Republicans are fucking hypocrites. The testimony today is infuriating - look at what the shitty former guy and his enablers have done.

Edit: The police officers are referring to the Trump supporters as "terrorists" and saying they were told "Trump sent me here". A black cop referenced the fact that, for the first time in his life, he was called the N word over and over by the mob. It's bad. Real bad.
        Last edited by Bene Futuis; 07-27-2021, 02:12 PM.
        More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
          The police officers testifying today are just annihilating the seditionist Republicans and their lies. "Law and order" and "blue lives matter" Republicans are fucking hypocrites. The testimony today is infuriating - look at what the shitty former guy and his enablers have done.
          It's really pretty crazy. I mean, it's gone from a disagreement about whether certain policies were best to address certain issues to a disagreement as to whether 2+2 = 4 or 2+2 = elephants.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
            It's really pretty crazy. I mean, it's gone from a disagreement about whether certain policies were best to address certain issues to a disagreement as to whether 2+2 = 4 or 2+2 = elephants.
            Everyone knows it is elephants. Everyone who is a true American, at least. DeSantis used to be a true American, maybe even worthy of taking over for Trump in 2028 after Trump wins his third term in 2024. But then he sold out. Big pharma bought him off and he is now saying to get vaccinated. That or they kidnapped his family. It has to be one or the other, but there is no way of knowing. Best to just stick with Trump for a 4th term in 2028.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
              Everyone knows it is elephants. Everyone who is a true American, at least. DeSantis used to be a true American, maybe even worthy of taking over for Trump in 2028 after Trump wins his third term in 2024. But then he sold out. Big pharma bought him off and he is now saying to get vaccinated. That or they kidnapped his family. It has to be one or the other, but there is no way of knowing. Best to just stick with Trump for a 4th term in 2028.
              This are real things the radical right are saying on real radio programs and podcasts, btw (the parts about DeSantis, not 2+2= elephants).

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Lee never turned against Jefferson Davis.
                but he did. he met with Grant and ended it while Davis kept fighting. Lee single handedly ended the Civil War. even after both of them lost. ..of course the Civil War never actually ended as Southern states acted like racist dicks. but he accomplished something Rommel never could. Erwin took a much bigger risk, but they say he was never great at logistics.

did Lee end the Civil War? by surrendering to Grant he prevented the guerilla warfare Davis attempted. ..I don't really know Davis though, or his intentions after they lost. seems to me like you had two choices. Lee or Davis.

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
                  but he did. he met with Grant and ended it while Davis kept fighting.
                  Actually, you're missing a very important issue - Lee never defied an order from Davis. Even Davis realized Lee's position at Appomattox was hopeless. It wasn't a case of Lee being able to escape; had they attempted, Sheridan's cavalry alone would have killed them down to almost the last man. In fact, Sheridan was irate that he wasn't allowed to do so, and in his memoirs condemns Grant for preventing him from doing so.

Lee single handedly ended the Civil War.
                  This is a popular, but inaccurate, belief. It was certainly the point of view of Lincoln, but in reality, had Johnston continued to fight - or broken his still formidable army (which was about 3-4 times greater than Lee's at the end) into guerilla warfare units - the war would have dragged on for a long time. It was actually Johnston that defied Jefferson Davis and surrendered his troops even though Davis directly ordered him not to.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                    Actually, you're missing a very important issue - Lee never defied an order from Davis. Even Davis realized Lee's position at Appomattox was hopeless. It wasn't a case of Lee being able to escape; had they attempted, Sheridan's cavalry alone would have killed them down to almost the last man. In fact, Sheridan was irate that he wasn't allowed to do so, and in his memoirs condemns Grant for preventing him from doing so.

This is a popular, but inaccurate, belief. It was certainly the point of view of Lincoln, but in reality, had Johnston continued to fight - or broken his still formidable army (which was about 3-4 times greater than Lee's at the end) into guerilla warfare units - the war would have dragged on for a long time. It was actually Johnston that defied Jefferson Davis and surrendered his troops even though Davis directly ordered him not to.
                    I disagree.

Granted, I didn't read it, but I disagree nevertheless.

Comment

• Deputy Attorney General Richard Donoghue's notes from a 12/27 call with Former Guy were released today. Holy fucking shit, the level of corruption/insanity/batshit craziness is mind-boggling:

"Statistically impossible for me to lose. Bookies had me at 100% on Election Night. Dropped to 32% in 4 or 5 hours." - the clown is submitting as proof of election fraud his ODDS OF WINNING as calculated by bookies at that moment, BWAHAHAHAHAHA. I can just see it, NFL head coaches: "Hey, how could we have possibly have lost, our odds were 100% a minute ago, and now they're zero after that late TD. They cheated!!!"

"Just say that the election was corrupt and leave the rest to me and the Republican congressmen."

"We have an obligation to tell people this was an illegal, corrupt election."

"Nobody trusts the FBI."

"The people saying the election wasn't corrupt are corrupt."

One thing is for certain -- there was only one party who attempted to cheat in the 2020 election, and it was the GOP. This clown needs to go to jail.

Comment

• Putting aside the absolute absurdity of equating absolute certainty of winning with bookies, that can't even be true I find it highly unlikely that "bookies" taken as a whole had him as 100% winning, or even a single bookie. That is not how betting works.

Comment

• My friends and I had a text chain with the betting odds on Election Night. We kept checking the offshore odds. Trump was definitely favored, but it was like -200 or something like that at its highest. It wasn't an OVERWHELMING favorite. We kept refreshing, and the odds kept getting better for Biden. The gamblers know all. Once I saw Biden drift into the minus, I knew it was over. Didn't even have to wait for the count.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                            My friends and I had a text chain with the betting odds on Election Night. We kept checking the offshore odds. Trump was definitely favored, but it was like -200 or something like that at its highest. It wasn't an OVERWHELMING favorite. We kept refreshing, and the odds kept getting better for Biden. The gamblers know all. Once I saw Biden drift into the minus, I knew it was over. Didn't even have to wait for the count.
                            Same here. But what the books do is try to EVEN THE SIDES.

It was never "100%." What he thinks he saw is what you saw, -200 or -400 or -600 or something like that. If you've ever experienced live betting, this is how it goes, every point changes the odds. The books want money on both sides, it's how they make money. When his odds dropped, they wanted money on Trump. When Biden's odds dropped, they wanted money on Biden. His idea that even the bookies had him winning is astoundingly asinine.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

It was never "100%." What he thinks he saw is what you saw, -200 or -400 or -600 or something like that. If you've ever experienced live betting, this is how it goes, every point changes the odds. The books want money on both sides, it's how they make money. When his odds dropped, they wanted money on Trump. When Biden's odds dropped, they wanted money on Biden. His idea that even the bookies had him winning is astoundingly asinine.
                              Well, yes. He's a moron. I think that's been pretty clearly established.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Is there a person who is more likely to bet on politics? My guess is the betting people were more pro-trump, just because of flags and shit. Trump people knew God would bring this home, while Biden people were a bit more concerned. That's going to skew the odds.
                                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Working...
                                X