2k11 Matt Joyce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2k11 Matt Joyce

Needless to say the signings of Damon and Manny have disappointed Joyce and Jennings owners.

Joyce now is the back up OF.

So how many ABs does he get? Does he have a future with TB? Is he worth an end game flyer in deep AL leagues? Can he help a bit this year with a bigger payoff next year? Does TB trade him?

Only 26, seems to have some power potential.

What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Needless to say the signings of Damon and Manny have disappointed Joyce and Jennings owners.

Joyce now is the back up OF.

So how many ABs does he get? Does he have a future with TB? Is he worth an end game flyer in deep AL leagues? Can he help a bit this year with a bigger payoff next year? Does TB trade him?

Only 26, seems to have some power potential.

What do you guys think?
    No, he's not

Damon LF
    Upton CF
    Joyce RF

That's your lineup most nights

Joyce is going to sit against tougher LHP, but that's still going to equate to 450 at bats in the season. He is 3rd/4th OF material in AL leagues - still under team control for another 4 seasons, and one of the better power hitters on the team.

He gets 450 AB this year, he hits 20 HRs. Book it

Comment

I think you'll see something like this:

Against righties:
      RF Joyce
      CF Upton
      LF Damon
      DH Manny
      1B Dan Johnson
      2B Zorilla

Against lefties:
      RF Joyce or S-Rod
      CF Upton
      LF Damon
      DH Manny
      1B Dan Johnson or Zorilla
      2B S-Rod or Zorilla

I think he can get 400 ABs and hit .255-18HR or so.

Comment

Drafted him in an 11 team AL-Only league for $9 thinking he will get 400 AB's in some form of Right/Left platoon. His defense is solid, barring injury, I am confident he gets 400 AB's which should be good for 20 HR's. Was very impressed with him when he was with the Tigers in 08.

Comment

Originally posted by wombat104 View Post
          Drafted him in an 11 team AL-Only league for $9 thinking he will get 400 AB's in some form of Right/Left platoon. His defense is solid, barring injury, I am confident he gets 400 AB's which should be good for 20 HR's. Was very impressed with him when he was with the Tigers in 08.
          Agreed, I like him with Detroit as well. I have always thought he could hit and would love to roster him for $7-8. I am hoping most people think like Gregg that he's the 4th OF/outside looking in for PT. If given a chance he could be a nice addition in most AL only leagues.
          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
            Agreed, I like him with Detroit as well. I have always thought he could hit and would love to roster him for $7-8. I am hoping most people think like Gregg that he's the 4th OF/outside looking in for PT. If given a chance he could be a nice addition in most AL only leagues.
            Oh, you mean like Gregg used to think. This is why I have you guys.

Comment

Well, I hope you guys are right.

I just traded my 1st round reserve pick (4th overall) and my 5th round pick for Joyce and two 12th rounders.

Comment

Well, I hope you guys are right.

I just traded my 1st round reserve pick (4th overall) and my 5th round pick for Joyce and two 12th rounders.
                Looks like you guys were right! He has already earned his $5 salary.

Thank you very much.

Comment

Looks like you guys were right! He has already earned his $5 salary.

Thank you very much.
                  Same here!! I picked him with my last pick in my keeper league and he's been gold so far...

Comment

Is Joyce a good target for a rebuilding team in an AL Only league with a contract of $10A?
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

That's right at value, IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        That's right at value, IMO
                        Thanks. So I guess that's a no.

I'm trying to get Zobrist who is $11 signed for the next two years but I don't think the owner will trade him.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I'd rather have Zobrist at 11 due to the position. Joyce, if you take out mid-April to early June, has been bad. The shoulder trouble that popped up in mid June derailed his season

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                            I'd rather have Zobrist at 11 due to the position. Joyce, if you take out mid-April to early June, has been bad. The shoulder trouble that popped up in mid June derailed his season
                            Absolutely would I rather have Zobrist I think even if positions were equal. I did notice for all those hot streaks he has his numbers weren't that inflated so he's clearly been streaky. It's ok, the Joyce owner NEVER makes any trades. Thanks Jason.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Working...
                            X