2K11 :Allen Craig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K11 :Allen Craig

does anybody else think that this player could be a nice sleeper this year? NL only $1 end game player for me. He is starting again today over John Jay .Ican see him getting a lot of creaky Berkman at bats later this year.he is playing for Holliday now.
    any news from Cardinal country?

i got jay for $1 after getting berkman. i wish i'd have picked up this guy instead. (at least at this point).

Comment

Originally posted by AlphaM View Post
      does anybody else think that this player could be a nice sleeper this year? NL only $1 end game player for me. He is starting again today over John Jay .Ican see him getting a lot of creaky Berkman at bats later this year.he is playing for Holliday now.
      any news from Cardinal country?
      I do for sure. The following was my input to another thread in the Assistant GM Forum last week (or earlier):

One vote here for Allen Craig. I see 300-400 AB's for him this year. He will backup Freese at 3B and play 1B on Albert's (hoped for) rare off days.

However, his main position will be RF I think. Berkman in RF is this close to a platoon already and there is no way he holds up to the rigors of RF all year long.

I could see 15 Homers and 60 RBI's with a .260-.270 average. He's hitting .350-.360 this spring.

Comment

I got him for $1 in the endgame but not hoping for much this year. I don't know how much he'll play at 3B because his defense is suspect, and with Theriot now at SS, I don't see LaRussa letting him play much 3B. He and Jay are sort of joint-4th outfielders. Pujols doesn't sit that often.

The good news, and why I picked him, is that in my opinion is that he's got a really good chance to be the opening day 2012 Cardinal 1B, and I think he'd do quite well at the plate with full-season at bats.

Comment

james33..very astute reponse..I never thought of that if Albert leaves..
          what are his numbers with 550 AB?

Comment

Working...
          X